RC Drift cars

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Anybody into this? i've been seeing some videos about it and it looks f**kin cool....but i dont wanna spend $300 to get into it...anyone know of a cheaper brand that yokomo?

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tamiya is a decent cheaper RC. Go gas tho. Never go electric!

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I would have to agree my xmod doesn't have much power and the power that it does have doesn't last long.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X-aCuTiOnA said:
Tamiya is a decent cheaper RC. Go gas tho. Never go electric!
I disagree unless you use it an area that is consistently the same temperature.

While you're busy tuning the carb (or even just getting it running) the guy with the electric rig is off having fun.

Plus electric has a smooth power curve which makes drifting easier and more rewarding.

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
I disagree unless you use it an area that is consistently the same temperature.

While you're busy tuning the carb (or even just getting it running) the guy with the electric rig is off having fun.

Plus electric has a smooth power curve which makes drifting easier and more rewarding.
x2!

Its something im going to get into, been readin up on a fair bit of it, Electric AWD cars are the way forward! and the xmods one dont count lol!

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah tbh the gas (we say petrol) RC cars are better than electric, but not when it comes to drifting. Its ALOT more controllable using an electric one from what iv been told and read up.

Also the reason they are all electric in japan is for pollution and noise issues. There was a heap for sale when i was there but couldnt get one home lmao!

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mint said:
x2!

and the xmods one dont count lol!
I would have to agree with this also. My xmods pretty much isn't an rc car anymore. It just kinda sits on my desk and looks pretty. =)

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HPI has a nitro powered 'drift' rc.
It's not cheaper than $300.

I personally have the yokomo drift RC, It's nice. but $300 only gets you the shell. you still need to buy electronics for it.

hondaguy37

5+ Year Member
isnt it hard to drift an rc car i have an electric rc car and have fome carpet tires and when i try to drift it in my garage it just spins out... how much does a drift rc car run for? and where would be the best place to get one from... after seeing it i wouldnt mind getting into it my self.

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hondaguy37 said:
isnt it hard to drift an rc car i have an electric rc car and have fome carpet tires and when i try to drift it in my garage it just spins out... how much does a drift rc car run for? and where would be the best place to get one from... after seeing it i wouldnt mind getting into it my self.
you need a 4wd RC.
and it's just tires with plastic inserts.
WHat you need to get started.
GAS:
RC Car
Servos
Gas
Drift Tires

Elec:
RC
Servos
Speed Control
Tires

you can do the same with a GAS RC by using PVC pipe.

GAS RC 'drift' setup (HPI Super Nitro Rally)
Note, my Home improvement store didn't have black pvc that fit on my rim

Closeup of tire After 4 tanks ran through.

VIRGIN Electric Carpet drifter. (YOKOMO DRIFT)

Internals of the electric rc's 'needs'

see the yokomo's 'drift' tires. plastic inserts on hard rubber tires

I'm selling the GAS RC as is for 150

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
RICDOGG, got any recommendations on where i could get one for <$100? or is it just not gonna be anything good?

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They do sell drift ring's that you just put over your rear tire's.

hondaguy37

5+ Year Member
I'm selling the GAS RC as is for 150[/QUOTE]

could you send me sme pics and more info on it pm'ed..

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gas trucks FTW
i gotta hpi savage 25 truck. tops out at 40mph, i love it. i also modded it. i know this thread is about gas rc "drift" cars. but you can only drive them on the road or in a lot. with a truck you can drive it anywhere. if your gunna spend over $300 on a rc, why not get it so their is no limit to where you could drive it