Re-upholstering rear seat - coupe

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, I've been redoing my interior myself... shift boot, ebrake boot, arm rests, headliner and now I'm working on the rear seat.... I'm doing all the measurements, cutting and stitching myself, so this has been one hell of a learning process!

Has anyone done the seats themselves before? Does anyone have or need the templates?

The thing I'm most curious about is opinion... All black with red stitching or black with red down the center?
The skins are not fulling installed yet, that's why they're not completely tight with seams and all, but here's the work thus far...

The center arm rest done:

The shift/ebrake boots:

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all black with red stitching. im planning on doing this with my ej1 and my gf's crv. post more pics. looks great so far. you should do a diy on the boots.

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all black with red stitching. im planning on doing this with my ej1 and my gf's crv. post more pics. looks great so far. you should do a diy on the boots.
Yeah, I was thinking all black too... I can do another set of boots, but then I would have an extra set... If someone want to buy them, I'll do it... haha $5 plus shipping?

I will be finishing the rear main tonight and redoing the passenger side this week... It's VERY time consuming and tedious!

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, id go with the all black with the red stitching....x2 on the D.I.Y. thread...Looks great:thumbs up

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, id go with the all black with the red stitching....x2 on the D.I.Y. thread...Looks great:thumbs up
Ok, so that's all I needed, was a little push in the right direction....

Looks like I will be posting pictures later tonight with the finished driver's side of the rear seat and will do a "how to" on the boots later this week or weekend, now I might as well start posting "Type R LIKE boots" in the classifieds lol

$5 plus shipping $4.95 priority mail shipping... who wants them? lol

Thanks again for the input

reyscivic

5th gen owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn bro i want a ebrake one black with red stitching also.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn the ebrake,armrest looks good op

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn the ebrake,armrest looks good op
Thank you. I'm actually going to redo the arm rest for the center console as well as the doors... I'm getting better at stitching and the armrest was the first thing I did and I royally screwed the doors up... Again, the learning curve of this process is kicking some ass...

Let me know if anyone would like some of the ebrake boots, armrests, etc... I'll see what I can do for ya. Thanks.

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great job man! Your the Martha Stewart of Civics!!!!!
Yeah, unfortunately I have acquired a nickname from my roommate and friends as I cook all the time and now I'm sewing..... Momma Dane...

Either way, I may only spend about $60-$70 for all matching black interior with the required red stitching to actually hold together over time. My shift boot, ebrake boot, arm rests and seats will be the same materials... Should be pretty sick once it's done.

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's awesome, maybe you can stitch more up and sell them :D
I was thinking about it... But I only have the lay out for the 96-00 civics... If anyone is in the Omaha area with a different model, you can be a test subject?

Thanks Gummer!

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the shift and ebrake boots are the same from the 5-6 gen. but not sure about the rest

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the shift and ebrake boots are the same from the 5-6 gen. but not sure about the rest
That would work well then... I'll make some calls tonight to have some other gen civics come over and we'll try it out.

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, I finished the driver's side of the rear seat... Let me know what you think... I still have to refinish the passenger side and lower section...

You may notice the wrinkle on the right hand side, the pack wasn't pulled completely tight yet and that's how it looked... I'll post pictures once everything gets installed. (Not bad for my first time ever doing upholstery ;) )

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lemme know if your interested in selling a set for the rear seats, those look great.