ready for a vid card

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
arightly im lookin for a new vid card. i got some ati vid card now, dont remember which one but mr.lin might remember but anyways i want a new one thats better and a decent price. my range is 200-300 but i can spend a lil over 300. i play wow alot so i want something that will be better when i raid and stuff. so help me out :thumbs up

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
btw i wanna make a new wow character on a differ realm. anyone no a good realm wit a good end game guild? let me no cuz im tired of hearing lil kids whinning in realm

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea same question^^^^ i got one but i gotta know what you got to know what to offer.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're still using agp, the x1650 is like the best upgrade you can make.
if you've gone to pcie, the 8800gts 320 has done well for me thus far.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're still using agp, the x1650 is like the best upgrade you can make.
if you've gone to pcie, the 8800gts 320 has done well for me thus far.
If his only real concern is raiding in WoW he doesn't need that much card.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im running an nvidia 7600gt agp. i think you can get as good as a 7650 agp. i know nothing about ATI nor am i an authority whatsoever on videocards... but i figured it throw that out there.

i have a 24" widescreen and i run at 95 fps in counterstriek source and solid 60's in wow. if i was in a laggy area like zangermarsh though it could sometimes bog down to maybe around 20's or 30's but i think that the in out transfer rate was the culprit.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey hey, i play hl2 at full settings at 1600x1200 without a hiccup.
WoW isn't as intense as hl2 though, I'm running an old Radeon X800GTO and averaging 80fps at full settings in WoW.

He could get away with

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127284

$130 after rebate and more than enough to run WoW at any setting you choose. Core: 700 Mem: 2100 and it's DX10.

PCI-EX16 take over the gaming world, one computer at a time.

really basically, pci is taking over, they are starting to stop making agp videocards.

I'm well aware of that, but that doesn't mean he's not running an older PC with an AGP slot.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PCI-EX16 take over the gaming world, one computer at a time.

really basically, pci is taking over, they are starting to stop making agp videocards.
Because PCI is so much better than AGP.