really un sure of motor

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
ok i have a 90 std hatch and im not sure what motor i have it seems wrong to me for some reason. i have a d15b block (not d15b 1,2 or anything) so what does that make it? cuz its DPFI every thing is PM5 head and ecu....im probably asking a dumb question?:(

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
D15B
VTEC
Found in:
1991-1999 Honda Civic VTi EG4 (Japanese Market)
1992-1998 Honda CRX VXi EG1 (Japanese Market)
Displacement : 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in)
Bore and Stroke : 75 mm × 84.5 mm (3.0 in × 3.3 in)
Rod Length : 137 mm
Compression : 9.6:1
Power : 130 hp (128 ps) @ 6800 rpm & 115.9 ft·lbs (14.1kg/m) @ 5200 rpm
Redline : 7200 rpm
Fuel Cut : 7411 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC VTEC
Head Code : P08
Piston Code: P08-010
Fuel Control : OBD-1 MPFI

DaveT

V.P Dave
5+ Year Member
I dont understand what your trying to ask....maybe im a dumb ass...haha j/k

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
lol no your not but i thought that was funny.......well it has D15b block but the head is DPFI so i dont know if the person before i had it F---ed it up or what or if its supposed to be that way?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have a std then it's supposed to be dpfi

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sum b4 probably blew tha block n switched it for a jdm d15b block only n kept tha d15b1 head

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
opps my bad spelling errs lol....at least you knew what i meant....so in that case would i have a little more power than i think i have cuz of that....more than the 70 stock horses or no because it still has stock head

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D15B
VTEC
Found in:
1991-1999 Honda Civic VTi EG4 (Japanese Market)
1992-1998 Honda CRX VXi EG1 (Japanese Market)
Displacement : 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in)
Bore and Stroke : 75 mm × 84.5 mm (3.0 in × 3.3 in)
Rod Length : 137 mm
Compression : 9.6:1
Power : 130 hp (128 ps) @ 6800 rpm & 115.9 ft·lbs (14.1kg/m) @ 5200 rpm
Redline : 7200 rpm
Fuel Cut : 7411 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC VTEC
Head Code : P08
Piston Code: P08-010
Fuel Control : OBD-1 MPFI

for one, you have no idea what motor he has so how can you tell him his motor is rated @ 130hp let alone a motor that came with vtec.

opps my bad spelling errs lol....at least you knew what i meant....so in that case would i have a little more power than i think i have cuz of that....more than the 70 stock horses or no because it still has stock head
it doesn't matter because you're still dpfi and no one still has no idea what d15b you have. There are a few d15b's with different ratings.....

http://www.clubcivic.com/index.php?pageid=enginecodes

our site has so many featurs and info that all you have to do is search for you answers because they are already there most of the time. :D

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well the stock d15b is 9:6.1 compression ratio and a stock d15b1 is 9:2.1.

So I doubt you'll be getting much hp from that block if any. Specially cus you're still dual point injection.

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
ive only seen it like that on one other can that was getting its head fixed but that was it every other motor i see has a number

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
yea its not really a big concern or issue i was just see if anyone knew why it could be set up that way but thanks for everything

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for one, you have no idea what motor he has so how can you tell him his motor is rated @ 130hp let alone a motor that came with vtec.
he said d15b without a 1 or 2 or anything. so i gave him the info on the d15b. i didnt say "you car pushes 130 hp".... source is wikipedia. just giving a bit of info to someone who requested some. i dont know what the previous owner did. All i know is he said "d15b"

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive only seen it like that on one other can that was getting its head fixed but that was it every other motor i see has a number
yeah and on the engine code page I posted above the only d15b is a motor that had a carb. The other d15b motors on that list have a question mark behind the b like so..... d15b(?) meaning that a number should actually be there. I've never owned a JDM d15b so I can't tell you from personal experience.

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
no your fine....thats the first thing that i thought when i got the car i was like "oh yea" but after looking around a bit its like oh you have 70hp i was like damn but nothing really matched up so thats kinda why i asked

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no your fine....thats the first thing that i thought when i got the car i was like "oh yea" but after looking around a bit its like oh you have 70hp i was like damn but nothing really matched up so thats kinda why i asked
yeah, more than likely you have a motor that is rated between 70-100hp but that's what they are rated at. I'll bet my left nut that even if you had a jdm d15b that is rated @130hp that it's not making more than a 100hp. :lol: You can never go by what your motor is rated at. your best bet is to go to a dyno to find out the numbers AND even some dynos like a mustang dyno don't put out the right numbers.

even if you did convert your dpfi into mpfi, you're still not going to feel a HUGE difference.

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
ok with those numbers would i be able to beat a b20/vtec 92 hatch vtec not working....lol.....cuz its my friends car i didnt think it was possible but i did

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok with those numbers would i be able to beat a b20/vtec 92 hatch vtec not working....lol.....cuz its my friends car i didnt think it was possible but i did
:lol: no!

he could give you a 1/4mi head start and you would still lose. :( Your motor is not made or built for racing, it's built to go slow and save gas. ;)

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
lol i know thats what made think i have a better motor than i have....but did beat him