Rear Brake upgrade?

3400GAGT

5+ Year Member
I have a 92 4dr LX 5-spd. with ZC.
I wanted to do a cheap brake upgrade.
I was wondering if the rear Drums and Shoes off of a automatic would fit? and if not what modifications are needed?

Thanks

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would you upgrade to drum brakes? im sure u mean disc

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id get a rear disc conversion from a gsr or somthing

3400GAGT

5+ Year Member
no this is my beater and its a 4dr, but the automatics have bigger shoes+drums so i was just doing to do that for a little cheap upgrade, but i didnt know if it would fit?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol.. a rear "drum" upgrade would not even be worth your time if in fact the automatics did have bigger drums (which they dont). Just get a rear disc conversion off an si / ex.

PhatCivic

SOHC TURBO!!!
5+ Year Member
i dont think i wll fit,do like i did just bought the back disc conversion of my buddys crash gsr

3400GAGT

5+ Year Member
you know what, never mind i dont want freakin disc conversion, i dont want to spend the money on the car. it was a simple question so just never mind!!

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
lol.. a rear "drum" upgrade would not even be worth your time if in fact the automatics did have bigger drums (which they dont). Just get a rear disc conversion off an si / ex.
Automatics and the EXs did have larger rear drum brakes than the M/T models. Almost a full inch in diameter.

Automatics + EX M/T & A/T = 7 7/8" X 1 3/8" <--- almost 8" diameter

CX, DX, LX, VX M/T = 7 3/32" X 1 3/16" <---- barely 7" diameter

In order to make this work however, you'd have to swap the entire brake assembly, otherwise your shoes would not make full contact with the drums. And so you're looking at replacing the entire trailing arm... just do a disc swap.

Jack ffr1846

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find the rear disks from a DA integra. Be sure to get the prop valve too, so you don't end up with waaaaay too much rear brake bias.

jack

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm not trying to be rude.... but you dont need it! your rockin a ZC and it would be a waste of money. you should throw some cross drilled rotors and a good quality set of pads on. IMHO