Rear Disc Conversion Question

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have searched this section already, but cannot find any information for the 5th gen EG... all the results were for the 4th and 6th gen. This question is from my thread, the one in my signature...

Can anyone answer my question about the brakes?:
The integra has rear disc brakes, a rear disc conversion may be on the list. Therefore I would need which prop valve, and new brake lines right? If the front brakes are larger than the civic's, then I will take those as well. I'm definitely taking the 14 inch rims off the integra and putting them on the civic.
I am taking the trailing arms off together with the brakes itself. They should be a direct bolt up to the EG hatch?

The cars involved are the '90 Integra 4-door GS and the '93 Civic DX Hatch.

Thanks.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From my past experience it should all be the same like any other brake conversion on civics.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
last time i checked to do the rear disc conversion you need the parts from a 94+ teggy. get the whole trailing arm and make sure the ebrake cables arnt bent too much. you also need a 40/40 prop valve from a 92-95 ex or si and a master from the teg as well.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
From my past experience it should all be the same like any other brake conversion on civics.
Awesome! Thanks, the parking brake from the integra will fit as well?

last time i checked to do the rear disc conversion you need the parts from a 94+ teggy. get the whole trailing arm and make sure the ebrake cables arnt bent too much. you also need a 40/40 prop valve from a 92-95 ex or si and a master from the teg as well.
Thanks for the input. I had a look at both cars and they both look like they will bolt right up. As for the e-brake cable, I should use the one in the teg? I'm definitely taking the MC from the integra, and I will look for that prop valve.

rover4x4

5+ Year Member
IN going from DX to the 99 SI prop valve, MC and booster will the hardlines from the DX work or will I have to bend new lines?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
DX and Si proportioning valves are exactly the same, I don't see why you would need to change it.

rover4x4

5+ Year Member
Im pretty positive they arent. Will all the hard lines etc work when swapping to the 7/8" MC from the 15/16" MC?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok.

Here is the hard facts.... which do not lie
Bottom line says si and dx, hx and civic, 3 door 1996 - 2000
have the same valve

I have called honda USA and confirmed this number.
2000 si 2 door

2000 non abs

46210-S04-902 VALVE ASSY., PROPORTIONING

crossing number:
46210S04902 $117.78 $0.00 $84.80
Brakes - Hydraulic system - Pressure metering valve
Pressure metering valve, civic, 2 door, dx model 1996 - 2000

Add to Cart Contact Us
Pressure metering valve, civic, 2 door, hx model, manual trans 1996 - 2000

Add to Cart Contact Us
Pressure metering valve, civic, 2 door, si model 1999 - 2000

Add to Cart Contact Us
Pressure metering valve, civic, 3 door 1996 - 2000
id..
I thought I'd do the proportioning valves too

1. DX-2D, CX-3D, DX-3D, Si-2D All share the same proportioning valve (even though the Si has 10.2" fronts & rear disc).
2. All 4 door NON ABS civics share the same proportioning valves.
3. EX-2D has a unique proportioning valve (because of 10.2" front rotors & rear drums).
4. All ABS civics share same proportioning valve (not interchangable w/ non ABS)
You do not have to change hard lines.

rover4x4

5+ Year Member
can anyone verify not needing the LCA, only the hubs and spindles? Seems a lot easier, just removing 5 bolts versus the LCA, is there any advantage to the SI LCA?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm assuming by LCA(lower control arm) you mean the rear trailing arm? If so, then yes, you can do the hubs and spindles but in my experience replacing the whole trailing arm is easier. Plus you can also upgrade/replace the worn bushings.

rover4x4

5+ Year Member
Thanks, I will likely just do the spindle swap, my car just turned 82k so honestly nothing should be worn out

rover4x4

5+ Year Member
not a bad project, the worse part was the heat shield, parking brake gromets, proportioning valve and the brake booster. I need to bleed the brakes seems like a pretty worthwhile upgrade, you can only go as fast as you stop/