rear disc conversion

95dx and 92cx

5+ Year Member
has any one ever tried just swapping over like the rear spindles off an 93 teg onto a 95 civic dx. i have researched this and i get mixed responses as to if you can use a 93 in the first place. i am just trying to make it work cause i have all the parts, however the bushings on the trailing arm and lower control arms off the teg are awful so i dont want to use them. but i was just wondering because there are 4 torx bolts that hold the trailing arm to the spindle and they match up on the civic trailing arm. does anyone know of a problem with doing it this way? thanks.

Katy

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need everything from a 94+ teg if im not mistaken. along with a 40/40 prop from a 92-95 civic si/ex

95dx and 92cx

5+ Year Member
thats not what im asking though. i looked into it and i know thats what most people do but i need to make this work and i am wondering if anyone sees a problem with it. like i said there are 4 bolts that hold the hub or spindle on and they match up so i was just wondering if anyone else has done it this way or knows of a problem that will come up with doing it this way

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im fairly certain that the lca's are too short. (or long, i cant remember) you could always just try it and see what happens.

4wd eg6

5+ Year Member
wont fit. the ones that u need are from 94-01 integra and the 93 may fit but u gonna have to do some work and you going to have a headache trying to do that.

95dx and 92cx

5+ Year Member
just an update:
i swapped the spindles over yesterday. they are a direct bolt on. i just need to swap over the integra master cylinder and maybe the prop valve. maybe i will put pics up later

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah post pics man i wanna see this

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No kidding i want to see how this turns out also cause it will open up options for my convertion

95dx and 92cx

5+ Year Member

disconnect the brake lines first (this makes taking the brake shoes out easier) take the brake shoes and all the springs out. then there are 4 14mm bolts behind the spindle u can stick the socket on an extension through the holes to get them out. in red is where the ebrake cable comes through. there is a metal 4 pronged clip that holds the cable in. i suggest pliers and a flat head screwdriver and some patience. once this is loose you can spray some wd-40 in the holes that the plate covers. those are the back side of the 4 torx bolts.

i circled the holes where the 4 t50 torx bolts are the 4th one is behind the strut and in blue is the spindle nut. i used a 15/16ths the get it loose then i needed to get an angle on it a bit because of the strut so i used and an inch socket to get it off the rest of the way. The torx bolts are on extremely tight.
if you end up stripping them out which you probably will get a drill bit that fits in the center of it and start drilling. then work your way up in drill bit sizes. and hopefully you get enough of it drilled out that you can take a chisel and a hammer and get enough force to pop the head of the bolt off. if it doesnt want to give then start with a small bit and work your way up again and try to pop it off again.

then take the 93 teg spindle and fit it to the trailing arm and put the torx bolts back in. followed by the spindle nut. put the rotor on then the caliper and reconnect the brake line and bleed it.

this is what i ended up with. i have the 93 teg ebrake cables but my dad and i havent got there yet. we are going to try to make them work but i am not sure if they will yet. i still also have to swap the master cylinder from the teg on. it makes it feel really soft but the brakes work fine but it will feel like you have to go to the floor to feel like its going to brake. i dont think it is really necessary to swap the master cylinder but it definately isnt a bad idea. if you choose not to you will have to get used to the different feel of the brake pedal.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just the size of the booster for a civic and an integra doesnt seem like it would help ur cause of the pedal going all the way to the floor..
u sure u bled ur brakes right?
u might need the proportioning valve..

95dx and 92cx

5+ Year Member
It's not the booster, it's the master cylinder. They're different sizes, but I may need to re-bleed the brakes as well.

95dx and 92cx

5+ Year Member
i used the spindle from a 93 teg and it worked just fine i am trying to use all the stuff off of a 93 teg because that is what i have. the prop valve from the teg should work because it is set up for rear disc brakes.