Rear disk Brake Conversion

98xSLVRxEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know this has been talked about a million times but I cant find a clear answer int the posts I have a 98 dx hatch I just bought 97 integ rear brakes and the ebrake cable w/ the trailing arms. Do I need to change my prop. valve and my master cylinder and booster? and If I do which ones do I need? Thanks.

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, from the same integra.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
need to, no. is it a nice thing to have, yes. the stock prop valve works if its a 30/30 or a 40/40, but if its a 30/40 it will cause unbalanced braking, and the stock m/c adn booster are ok, if you dont mind pushing the pedal down further and having mushier feeling brakes. its an autocross trick to use a smaller m/c to improve brake feel by extendign the travel of the pedal, but for daily driving, the firmer feel from the teg m/c is better.

98xSLVRxEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
will an integra m/c work on my brake booster. the brake booster is the black thing in front of the m/c right? And also I have a dx hatch is the prop valve 30/30 or no?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you must swap the m/c and bb as a whole, th e civic booster wont work on the teg m/c and vice versa.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
look on it, it will have the fraction stamped on it. they differ, even with the same model, the only way to know which you have is to look at it.

98xSLVRxEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok I got a proportioning valve from an si and a mc and booster from an integ I just dont know if the lines are going to match up will these work? do I just have to re run the line?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you will need the lines at the brakes themselves, but the lines in the engine bay will work fine, but get braided stainless, dont use the shitty rubber ones.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much does a complete conversion cost? this guy said he would sell me his si brakes conversion for 350

98xSLVRxEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got it all put in it breaks a lot better and i didnt put the master cylinder in so the pedal goes down a little further but it doesnt bother me. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
how much does a complete conversion cost? this guy said he would sell me his si brakes conversion for 350
$350 is too much.. I got a guy who is selling it to me $250 mounted.