Rear End Making LOUD Noise. Help

Cr8zyDrifter

5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I have yet another problem. with the 93 hatch si. When I'm moving there is a loud screeching sound coming from the rear of the car. It is especially loud while backing up. Could this be a wheel bearing? or a Brake Issue? I like to pretend like it someone elses car when I'm backing out of the parking lot at wal-mart. LOL.

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im having the same problem! sounds like a freight train is coming by! do u have rear disks? if its the same problem im having it is your caliper starting to jam up....time for a new one!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I have yet another problem. with the 93 hatch si. When I'm moving there is a loud screeching sound coming from the rear of the car. It is especially loud while backing up. Could this be a wheel bearing? or a Brake Issue? I like to pretend like it someone elses car when I'm backing out of the parking lot at wal-mart. LOL.
check the dust shield on your brakes... they can get bent and rub on the rotor causing a squealing sound.

Cr8zyDrifter

5+ Year Member
okay, I'll check the dust covers, I'v seen that as the problem in a few threads. also, is it difficult to change a wheel bearing? Never done it before. I have a gut feeling thats what it is. either that or the brakes. There is nothing else back there, right?

Last edited: