rear shock bolt snapped!!

B16a2_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so heres my dilema.. I snapped the head off of the bolt that bolts the shock in to the rear lca. I know it's common but my question is what to do now?? My plan is to cut the bolt to free up the shock n then jus drill it out n re-tap the shock.. Will this work or will I need a new shock n lca?

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you have an OEM Shock and an OEM LCA, I say go to the Junkyard and buy some used good condition replacements.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the bolt is actually seized onto the bushing, than you would have to get a new LCA or bushing pressed in.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If the bolt is actually seized onto the bushing, than you would have to get a new LCA or bushing pressed in.
Exactly. It would actually be cheaper to just buy a used good condition Rear LCA from the Junkyard than to buy a new bushing from Honda and take it to a shop to be pressed in.

So go ahead with your plan, cut the bolt and free the shock. However, instead of drilling the seized bolt out of the LCA Bushing, buy another LCA. Afterwards, you can then either re-thread the shock or get one from the Junkyard.

B16a2_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i guess im just gonna have to spend some money .. ill more then likely pick up some aftermarket lca, any recommendations? what brands to stay far away away from? re-thread the shock and save up for full coilovers. .. thanks guys for the help!

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here's the chance to bling your LCAs...

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just stay away from Blox, they are cheap for a reason....