Rear speaker recommendations

CivicWI97

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have already replaced the front 6.5" speakers on my 97 LX sedan with Pioneer model TS-A1667.

Product info here: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-mRGbkxsHNOI/ProdView.asp?i=130TSA1667&s=0

It took about 2 minutes to install each one. Just pop off the speaker grille, unscrew, remove wiring, put in new speaker. From what I can tell so far, the rear deck's 6x9"s will be a bit harder.

So what do you guys recommend for the rear deck, considering my front speakers? I have a Pioneer head unit as well. Also, there is some buzzing going on in the back corners of the car up by the rear window. I can't seem to locate the exact source of the noise, but when I press down on a certain part of the rear plastic during a usual "problem area" in a song, it's fine. How would I go about fixing this?

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I seem to have the same "buzzing" problem. As for the speakers try to get some that pump out about 100watts rms at least I think, it should be good. 6x9s have very good output, even without the use of a sub.

I use a pair of older JBL GTO 930s. Max output at 200watts.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your saying you have 6x9s, do i have the same in my 92 dx sedan or do i have what i thougth before, 6 1/2 all the way around? what do i have up front?now i'm wondering.....

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dood.. For subs, get a JL audio W3V2....you can get one or two, it doesnt matter cuz it will slump no matter what! Its hella badass!! And those pioneer speakers you got, i got the oversized 6 and a halfs in the rear. They are hella clean. Run your smaller speakers off a smaller amp, and your sub on its own amp, get a capacitor, around 1 farad, and that s**t will ThUmP!!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by eluSIve91
Dood.. For subs, get a JL audio W3V2....you can get one or two, it doesnt matter cuz it will slump no matter what! Its hella badass!! And those pioneer speakers you got, i got the oversized 6 and a halfs in the rear. They are hella clean. Run your smaller speakers off a smaller amp, and your sub on its own amp, get a capacitor, around 1 farad, and that s**t will ThUmP!!
:werd: that's what i got and i wouldnt trade them for the world. i have 2 10's with a rf 500watt amp. my pioneer deck has sub control. ontop of nut hair rattling bass i have awesome sound quality out of them.

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have a capacitor?? That s**t will give it extra BUMP!!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Do you have a capacitor?? That s**t will give it extra BUMP!!
I just sold my rf 1 farad cap for a lil extra christmas money. i dont notice any difference in sound, but my lights dim at night not :cry:

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah what deck you got?? I got the DEH-P9300, its sick! Right now for subs, since people steal, im runnin a 10 in Jensen in a bandpass off a california tunes 125 watt amp. I used to have all my small speakers on that 125 amp, and i HAD a 500 watt amp pushing two Comp VR Kickers. It used to Rock me, but theres always people who dont wanna pay for s**t, so they take from us!! DAMMMIT!!

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you get new speakers, make the front and back match.

CivicWI97

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah what deck you got?? I got the DEH-P9300, its sick! Right now for subs, since people steal, im runnin a 10 in Jensen in a bandpass off a california tunes 125 watt amp. I used to have all my small speakers on that 125 amp, and i HAD a 500 watt amp pushing two Comp VR Kickers. It used to Rock me, but theres always people who dont wanna pay for s**t, so they take from us!! DAMMMIT!!
DEH-1400...one of the less expensive ones.

Now, if I were to get something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-M4vzBx4HPmT/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=52300&I=1086925I&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

What would I need amp-wise (specs)? Possibly to drive both these speakers and a single sub later on?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i got a DEH-P720, i dont know anything that it doesnt have, i'm not the biggest fan of pioneers sound quality but..... i got it for free so i didnt argue.
>looky here<

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need help reducing the noise cause my rear 6x9's are actually midbasses, and every time they thump I hear the little bit of rattle back there. I know the speakers not blown cause I've looked at it, and it's not blown. O_o.

handofgod

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92-95 rear speakers are 6.5
96+ rears are 6x9

Unless your factory speakers are blown, you will get better sound from amping them than from replacing them. Replacing and amplifying will give you the best sound.

Use a sound deadening material to get rid of unwanted buzzing.

95blkciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put 6x9's in the rear since they put out more bass than 6.5's.i had to cut some of the metal on the back but it wasnt to bad and they sound good.

handofgod

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't use rear speakers. I run 6.5 components front and 2 10s in the trunk. Fronts don't play below 100Hz, so no bass. That's what the subs are for.

handofgod

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Component speakers have a seperate woofer and tweeter. Usually, they come with a crossover, which seperates high and low frequencies for greater sound clarity. They are also generally more work to install.

Coaxial speakers have the woofer and tweeter together on one axis. (That's where the name comes from). In most cases, coaxial speakers are a better choice for the average consumer.
They are cheaper to buy, easier to install, wiring is easier, and with a properly set up amplifier, they sound as good or better so long as you use the factory speaker locations.

ekshowciv

I'm in Japan Bitches!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 403
92-95 rear speakers are 6.5
96+ rears are 6x9

Unless your factory speakers are blown, you will get better sound from amping them than from replacing them. Replacing and amplifying will give you the best sound.

Use a sound deadening material to get rid of unwanted buzzing.
this guy is a moron dont listen to him. replace your factory speakers and amp them i did that with myne. i have infinty refrence and i love them.