Rear Suspension Question

stoney13

5+ Year Member
Can you install a Skunk2 Lower Arm Bar and a Neuspeed Rear Lower Tie Bar? Or are they the same thing, b/c it looks like you can install the Skunk2 Lower Arm Bar first and then go over it with the Neuspeed Rear Lower Tie Bar to make it a solid rear end to connect new control arms.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Post up a link.

stoney13

5+ Year Member
I dont have a link to post up cause this was just an observation I was wondering. I was looking on a couple of websites and noticed that skunk2's bar is very long a skinny and just one solid bar, where as some other lower arm bars are differently shaped. And neuspeeds lower tie bar looks like it can fit right under the lower arm bar. But I dont know how neuspeeds bar is connected to the rear suspension, so both bars could have to be attached to the control arms the same way which would not allow both to be installed together.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your posts are confusing as hell..

If you're talking about putting "lower rear control arms"-->(like the skunk2 or function 7 shinny looking arms) on a neuspeed sway bar + "tie bar"--> (thing that goes in the middle of the subframe on the rear, in between the two control arms, then yes you can.

the neuspeed tie bar reinforces the subframe from ripping it out with the bigger sway bar, it's basically a big steel plate that goes over it and bolts down with the included longer bolts.

stoney13

5+ Year Member
Sry for the confusing posts. I will try and simplify.

I was just wondering if the skunk2 lower arm bar and neuspeeds rear tie bar were the same thing? And it seems like they are from what your telling me.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOT the same. You can change both at the same time.

here's something i did for you, and if you still dont get it, then no one else can help you.

here's a pic of my rear.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's not a pic of your rear...

I'd recommend calling the manufacturer and ask them if the "lower arm bar" is oem spec and then call the other and ask if the "tie bar" is oem spec. If they are, then the holes for the bolts and such would line up and you should have no problem installing either of the components.

stoney13

5+ Year Member
Kautic_Zues i'm not talking about the lower control arms. Skunk2 has those for civics. I'm talking about the lower arm bar which ties both rear control arms together. I see now that the lower tie bar from neuspeed would help support the rear sway bar.

I wanted to upgrade the rear sway so i might as well buy the progress rear sway w/the tie bar. It does look like I can also install the lower arm bar from skunk2 as well, but i dont know the specs to see if it fits.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Calling Skunk2 will be your best bet. Also, the Progress sway/tie bar combo is a +++ I've heard it was an amazing combo/deal!