Rear tire rubbing aftert alignment

nplaya9

5+ Year Member
Right after i got, an alignment my rear tires is rubbing, and its scraping the tires. Also my car is dropped 1.5 inch. and have 17 inch rims.Any help

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it a good alignment? camber kits? pics?

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
probably don't have enough negative camber to clear or your fenders need to be rolled.. that and the wheels are probably too big lol

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah but when they did your alignment, they probably adjusted the camber accordingly.. which is part of an alignment, along with adjusting your toe after.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Positive camber = wheel sits more vertically. Negative camber = wheel sits more tilted, with the top closer to the middle of the car than the bottom.

Usually, a drop of less than 3" or so will only change alignment settings by a couple of degrees at most (usually less I think). It doesn't seem like much but it is a lot, especially for toe. They probably re-aligned the car back to OE specs which may have been enough to cause your tire to start rubbing on the rear quarter panels. Looks like you may have to roll the fender or take it back and have them dial in some negative camber.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could of rolled and pulled your fenders instead

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
time for a roll and pull then, and then you can go back down too

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lesson learned: camber kits are useless.

You were fine running the ~1.5ish degrees of negative camber until the camber kit did its job, now your tire life and safety is compromised!

nplaya9

5+ Year Member
Lesson learned: camber kits are useless.

You were fine running the ~1.5ish degrees of negative camber until the camber kit did its job, now your tire life and safety is compromised!
I use the same Camber last summer there were, working fine.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Look at your alignment sheet with specs and adjustments that were done, camber mostly. That might explain to you what happened during alignment and why you are rubbing now.

You either need to roll your fenders, go back to running slightly more negative camber or get smaller wheels.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went to , the body shop charge me ,150 to just cut the rear fender
dont cut it. You can rent a fender roller really cheap. or just use some hand tools and slowly work it flat. then look into the phone book fender pull. its really easy.