rear wheel hop??

cuetip

Registered VIP
ok well im wondering if the rear shocks are bad, because on my grandpas 97 civic his rear perellies and he has like wheel hop, its clean then dirty and so on throughout the tire and he is also saying that there is alot of noise coming from the same tire

Trekk

Registered VIP
Could be that, do a bounce test, push that side of the car up and down a few times and see how many times it goes up and down by it's self before stopping. If its really blown you'll know right away when you push the car down.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't get wheel hop in the rear tires on a FWD car.....

If the tires are wearing unevenly, it could be a variety of things. Has the alignment been checked? Proper tire pressure? I've never really heard of blown shocks causing uneven wear but I don't doubt it being a possibility. They'd have to be pretty bad and you can easily tell from doing a bounce test like Trekk said.

cuetip

Registered VIP
i dont know what really is going on but if you were to look at the tire, the dirt from the roads is only in certain spots on the tire, and he did mention about going to check the alignment, thats if he needs to, but i told him its just that they are new tires, since he hasnt had them very long and its been sitting due to a broken shift cable (300 bucks to replace) i told him its just like a lifted truck you hear more tire then anything else even in the cab, and he said its been doing that since it was brand new, he bought it from my great grandma, and he says its so loud that no one wants to sit in the back seat

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bad or loose suspension components.

00blackem1

5+ Year Member
your tire has cupping wear which is cause by lack of rotation or his struts are blown or just piece of crap tires