Rear wheel leaned inward.

DevinJG

My rear wheels lean inward. First off the only aftermarket i have on my car is a system and HIDS i did myself. the guy at the shop told me something about some bolts i can put in the rear to push my wheels out of negative camber. Does anyone know what he was talking about? please help me

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
before i would worry about any camber kits i would find out what's causing the lean in the first place.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are you positive it's on stock suspension?

See if a place that does an alignment can get it back into spec. If you're on a stock setup, they'll be able to.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
unless theres something bent you wouldn't need a camber kit just a basic alignment unless the guys trying to rip you off with parts you don't need especially when the rear suspension doesn't even use camber bolts it uses camber arms. maybe he's just an idiot ???

DevinJG

thanks everyone.

I bought the car used. The shop I took it to, to get the alignment said my rear wheels are at -2.25 both. Buy he said something about bolts that will fix it. I asked the used place where I bought the car. They said the owner before had it lowered and everything. And than yanked everything out when he got rid of it. I just don't want to waste time or money fixing Something that doesn't need to be fixed. And once again thanks for everyone's help so far.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like i said before if nothing is bent then you just need a basic alignment. its sounds like the old suspension was ripped out and was never re-aligned.

DevinJG

I hope. The shop I went to said 300 for some darn bolts I laughed and walked out. Let's find out. I'll let y'all know thanks everyone again. !!!!!!

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope. The shop I went to said 300 for some darn bolts I laughed and walked out. Let's find out. I'll let y'all know thanks everyone again. !!!!!!
Probably left the adjustable camber arms in cause he lost the stock. Climb under and take a pic. I'm sure somebody will solve your problem for less than $300

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah but a seasond mechanic would have spotted that problem and wouldn't have passed that on to his client unless he was a shady basterd.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah you have to watch people man, i don't trust anyone anymore, I went to a local tire shop for an alignment and he argued with me to my face that the rear toe couldn't be adjusted on a civic unless you had a crazy rear traction bar setup. I was like " your f***ing stupid!! There's the floating nut, its front wheel drive, get my car down I'm out!!!"