rear wiper on hatch

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF is that thing. It has like 5 plastic flanges. We're resoring my friend's 1990 DX and there's no wiper on the back. What size blade, WTF is that connection is that even.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn the dude i bought the car from took out the wiper motor for the rear...let me knwo when you find out. i want to put another one back on there.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no clue, i know only the DX and SI came with it. did you get a hatch off of a STD model.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, i should probably clarify more. There is an ARM but no blade. The arm doesn't have a J-hook, it has like 5 little plastic knobs meant to hold some specialty wiper or something.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol that the wiper, but with no blade i bet, go to the auto parts store, tell them you need a new wiper for the rear DX, get the whole new wiper not just the rubber refill.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No no... i have checked and everything says 4g hatch rear window is 16', just plain ol'. This is a plastic connection that is NOT ON A J HOOK. Like... the metal wiper arm turns into this weird knobby connection with like 2 snaps.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hummmm.. pics? can you get some pics? im confused.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My rear wiper sucks anyway. It dosen't make contact with the window all the way up. What a waste.

jenns91civic

Car Stupid (but learning)
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll go look at mine. I think you just have to use one of the different kinds of connections that come with a new pack of wipers. You just shove it onto the bar thing. Sorry to be so technical. My rear wiper always seems like it's going to go flying off but it's never come off, so I guess whatever connection I used stayed put. I'm using RainX wipers now and it came with everything I needed. I just want to know why my rear window spray thingy doesn't spray, it dribbles, sometimes. Anyway, I'm at my mom's house, destressing after quitting my job, and can only do dialup internet, so give me some time to get back to you, but I think that's how my rear wiper is too.
Jenn

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i jsut shaved mine. i don't have an interior mirror anyways so it did no good for me. then i just shaved all the rear at that time. *clean*

Disco-d

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey peeps, new to the forums,

just wondering why my rear doesnt have a windscreen wiper?

i dont mind actually i love it, makes it more smooth....but just wondering Y?

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one of 3 things:
1. you drive an std hatch. -no wiper
2. someone changed that hatch to an std hatch - no wiper
3. someone before you shaved it. -no wiper.

Do you ahve a reflective thing in between your tail lights? if its black its std. i think that should explain it.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does anyone's wiper work for s**t anyway?

Disco-d

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yer id say an Std hatch, i got no idea wat std is....neone wanna explain...

but heres a pic of my car's rear: