Recovered my 2000 EX that was STOLEN. Before & After. Some questions!

faerie87

Hi Everyone! This is my first post here.
Sooo I just got my car stolen early Monday, they recovered it on Tuesday afternoon. The cops found it on the 710 freeway. wth?! It is currently in an auto shop.

This was when I got it used. all I did to it was repaint it after.

This is what happens when your car gets stolen in Monterey Park, right by my place!

missing:
Fender
Bumper
Grill
Headlights + Foglights
Climate Control
Ignition Punched
Radio
and various smaller electronics in the car.

So since I needed to replace parts, I decided to buy these headlights and foglights:

DEPO 1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC JDM OEM BLK HEAD LIGHT 99-00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-1999-2000-HONDA-CIVIC-JDM-OEM-BLK-HEAD-LIGHT-99-00-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c11e9339aQQitemZ120559580058QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1999-2000 HONDA CIVIC LX EX SI JDM SMOKE OEM FOG LIGHTS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2000-HONDA-CIVIC-LX-EX-SI-JDM-SMOKE-OEM-FOG-LIGHTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439ec15bedQQitemZ290426280941QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Questions:

1. Where should I get a type-r grill that fits well?

2. Any places to install alarms, or even body shop/mechanic for future reference, in Los Angeles you can recommend?

3. I just took it to ZOOM TIRES in El Monte. Any reviews or feedback about them?

4. What are your views on my headlights and foglights?

5. Any personal experience with getting your car stolen? Pictures? describe? or even stories you've heard!

6. Any RELATIVELY LOW COSTS mods I can do with my car? exterior.

Thanks and have a great day =)

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
At least they gave you some sort of a hood and fenders lol. Get an alarm and some kill swiches installed.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
yea Clifford or Viper(Hornet). Good thing u got ur car back.

civic0918

Registered VIP
Man that sucks... Wonder why they put another hood and fender on? Sorry that happened yeah get a alarm or something to prevent theft. I hope they catch those assholes that done this to you. GL with repair. I have one headlight i could just give you for free but thats if you want just one.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to hear..

Is there a vin number on the hood or fender that they put on your car?

genobee

5+ Year Member
dude just get a removable steering wheel/hub lock and viper alarm with kill switch.

the only way they could steal it is if they tow it and you didn't hear your alarm.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
thieves are just low lifes i never had a car stolen just got a few things taken from one of my cars but just get alarm with kill switch removable steering wheel you could also get one of those wheel locks put it in the rear tires would make towing harder too

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
At least you got your car back man. Happy that you did.

Did they seriously steal your good parts and actually take the time to install their crappy parts on your car before ditching it?

faerie87

Thanks everyone!! I dunno why they would reinstall those parts either? iI was lucky to get my car back so quickly!

So I'm thinking of Viper. anyone know http://www.armexcaraudio.com/ ?
Their prices seem good.

However, people also say what matters is the installation, and how everything needs to be concealed?

Looking into:

Viper 5101
Viper 5601

Also looking into these stereos:
JVC KD-r200
or KD-r300

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks everyone!! I dunno why they would reinstall those parts either?

Looks like they didn't plan on chopping the whole thing like a good percentage of these thieves do. My guess is that they had the same car with busted up parts on it and stole yours to replace them. I would also bet that they put their busted stuff back on yours as an easy way to dump it. Easier and cheaper than taking them to a wrecking yard.

I worked at a dealership for over 5 years just out of high school and we had cars stolen more than you would think. If they found them 90% of the time they were full of junk parts and garbage.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man that sucks... Wonder why they put another hood and fender on? Sorry that happened yeah get a alarm or something to prevent theft. I hope they catch those assholes that done this to you. GL with repair. I have one headlight i could just give you for free but thats if you want just one.
Pm'ed