Red Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

civico

5+ Year Member
ok guys , my brother inlaw has a 99 civic ex with aem cai ,last night it was raining alot and he went threw a big puttle of water last night ,and wouldnt turn over , today it starts but makes a clicking kinda sound
what do u think happend PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :suprise:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what kinda clicking sound? wheres the clicking sound coming from?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
he souldn't have started it. The car might have water in the engine. Go change the oil.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He probably got water in the engine.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dunno if this would happen but open up the oil fill cap and check to see if theres white/sloshy s**t. prolly got water in there

dont start engine until you change the oil. what i personally would do is open up plug at bottom and take out oil filter, and just pure lots and lots of oil thru the engine and let it drain everything in there out

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep....same thing happened to me... i went threw a puddle sucked up water, the bat/oil pres light came on and it wouldnt crank. Waited to starte it about 20 mins later and the rod exploded out the block. I dont know what to say about the clicking...wheres it coming from?

civico

5+ Year Member
the clicking coms from the engune area thats all i know, thats what they told me i didnt hear the noise personaly, oh yeah he changed the oil already and yeah looks like white/sloshy stuff , he already drove it around a lil but still that clicking sound :2confused

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had same prob... it bent a rod, and blew the headgasket. change your oil like everyone else said... I pulled my plugs, and turned the engine over, and water shot 5-10 feet in the air... i ran it on bent rod for a while, and it did not click... bent valves will click though... and thats a b***h. Go to the back of the car, and see if you can hear it clicking through your muffler, and then see if you can hear it through your intake... good luck, and I wouldnt start the engine til you know the water is outta there....
another thing, Doesn't aem usually come with bypass valve?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jaredkay said:
another thing, Doesn't aem usually come with bypass valve?
almost positive no. they give u the option of purchasing one separately

Civicboy10

5+ Year Member
I've also had this happen...had the clicking and everything (the clicking was actually knocking)...it was a piston that cracked and eventually completely snapped. when I replaced the engine there was a hole in the back of the block :(
Hopefully your problem isn't as bad as mine was...I just recommend that you take care of it quickly!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dang d00d, that sucks. hopefully you'll be able to fix the problem quickly!

civico

5+ Year Member
thank you guys 4 the help ,
Civicboy10 said:
I just recommend that you take care of it quickly!
yeah he already took it to his friends shop in eagle rock

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a bent valve possible rod problem. hope its not too bad man you guys must be flying through 3 foot deep holes to suck up that kinda water. you have to fully engulf the filter to get it to suck up that much water that high up the intake pipe.

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
friend had this happen, threw a rod, now he bought a bypass. Sucks he had to learn the hard way

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if its just a regular circular tubing intake that comes in 2.5, 2.75, or 3, im sure a regular aem bypass would work

just make sure u get the right size

:what:

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
civicboy18974 said:
where can i get a bypass valve for my injen cai?
Injen does not sell a bypass for there intakes as far as I know. You could cut the pipe if it is one piece and buy an aem one.

I know summit racing sells bypass valves

Not to jack the thread

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy shiz,too bad man.Was it from a cold air intake mounted behind the front bumper? Is it not better to locate the CAI to extreme left of the engine bay to stop this from happenin?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
amej8 said:
if its just a regular circular tubing intake that comes in 2.5, 2.75, or 3, im sure a regular aem bypass would work

just make sure u get the right size

:what:
i happen to have a very new condition 2.75" bypass valve if it'll fit your system
im thinkin like 30 shipped. pm if interested

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sean Gibson said:
Holy shiz,too bad man.Was it from a cold air intake mounted behind the front bumper? Is it not better to locate the CAI to extreme left of the engine bay to stop this from happenin?
then it wouldn't be a cold air intake. because its taking the hot air from the engine bay. Thats called a ram intake. ;)