redding / redbluff CA?????????????

93vxhybrid

HAHAHA
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im new to the area and was wondering where people meet up and are there any good shops arround?? i am planning on going to the night races on oct 1 in redding

trying to meet people in the area so hit me up

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey what's up, i'm in redding. i'm actually going to the races on that day too. it'll be my first time on the track =) I think I'm getting a couple people from d-series.org to come too, but they don't live close. if you see a white 6th gen coupe with cf hood and trunk, thats me.

93vxhybrid

HAHAHA
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill be in a white turbo eg on steelies.

where do people hang out at night arround here??
are there any local message boards??

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
heh you don't want me to answer that, there isn't really a nightlife around here. there's a little bit of a cruise on hilltop

there's not really any local boards i know if either, there's norcalimports.com but it looks like a different site now and is offline.

as far as shops go, hyperformance is cool if you want a pocket bike, thats about it.
aj imports seems like a pretty good shop, i had my transmission swapped there, very reasonable price and seem like good people.

EJ1 Freak

Hmmm....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll be up at the track on sat too...you should meet up with me and Steve! =)

EJ1 Freak

Hmmm....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
93vxhybrid said:
do either of you have cell # so i can hit you up when i get there??
It's against Steve's religion to have a cell phone...but I'll pm you mine! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve...what's the plan for saturday...what time do you want to meet etc?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
<--- too cool for cell phones lol (or i have no friends)

the website says it starts at 6pm. i just wanna get there while its light out, so i can figure out the staging lanes or whatever.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t steve finally got another member. 8)

93vxhybrid

HAHAHA
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cant wait to get my hatch to the track to see how well i can drive. i hope that i dont make myself look like a total retard and take longer than 13.5s for the quarter. never been on a real track so i will see how it goes on sat night

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmmm if you race me you definately won't look like a retard, 17's here i come woohoo lol

ej1 freak - you're the only one i try to scare away =)

EJ1 Freak

Hmmm....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
hmmm if you race me you definately won't look like a retard, 17's here i come woohoo lol

ej1 freak - you're the only one i try to scare away =)
hahaha....yep 17's should be fun! ;)

Steve you know that isn't true...you always want me to come up...I brighten your day! ;)

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok here's what I got from the website (www.reddingdragstrip.net)

Sat. Oct. 1st 6:00 PM-Midnight Street Legal Race Night

Costs:
Admission: $5 per person, or $10 per car load- $10 additional to race

Who Can Race:
You must be licensed and your car registered and insured. Your car must pass a safety inspection.

Rules:
You must wear long pants, full shirt and seat belts. Helmets are required if you go faster than 13.99 seconds. Racing is Heads Up.

Thats all I know, it doesn't say how early you can get there for inspection.

EJ1 Freak

Hmmm....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok well call me later tonight...my game starts at 6:30...so probably around 8ish so we can figure everything out! =)

93vxhybrid

HAHAHA
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you think that there will be anyone there that will loan me a helmet? mine is still packed. what time are you guys planning on showing up? does anything ever go on arround here on friday and saturday nights??

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think EJ1 Freak might have a helmet, I'll ask her later. I'm probably gonna get there around 6ish, I wanna get there in the daylight so I can figure out what's going on. There isn't really much to do around here on friday or saturday, or ever really. Its not the most exciting place. People will prob be at the drag strip until midnight saturday though.