Reference: Intake Manifold Discussion

iamgod

Banned
Originally posted by baby99si
Ya i know any bigger is useless on N/A but what size is the ITR?

no bigger is good TO A POINT, if you go too large you lose all flow velocity at low RPM.....ITR is 62mm

baby99si

N/A project has begun....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And regular b16 is 58mm is H22 bigger then the ITR?I meant any bigger then 65mm on an NA.

iamgod

Banned
Originally posted by baby99si
And regular b16 is 58mm is H22 bigger then the ITR?I meant any bigger then 65mm on an NA.

B16a SiR is 58mm
B16A SiR-II is 60mm

i do believe the H22 is the same size as the ITR TB but i will have to check

baby99si

N/A project has begun....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright thanks alot for the info brewski.

smitty82pu

"hail hail to old Purdue"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.. not to beat a dead horse but back a little bit to the putting a d16y8 intake manifold on a d16y7.. what other intakes will work?.. like a d16z6? is there a plenum/runner difference cause they seem to be a little cheaper and also what throttle bodies are interchangeable (b series)?.. i know i saw a person on this forum that said ek manifolds suck and to go with eg.. i know this is prolly way more trouble than its worth but ya gotta do something for fun right?

PhoebeusFenix

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ill be replacting my stock manifold with a skunk2 sometime soon, im not sure on how the install goes but it cant be too hard i guess, does the stock throttle body pretty much bold up to the manifold? Thanks

marik

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice thread lots of good info
have u heard of blox manifold

Mr. civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Allright. This is a good topic. And witch intake manifold would you bold on a B16a2, guys?? And is the TB included or ( and this is the same question as PhoebeusFenix ) can i place the stock TB in the other manifold?

Fiveover

el futbol une a la gente
5+ Year Member
Great info. does anyone have numbers or guesstimates on power gains with a Skunk2 or Edelbrock IM on a D16Y8?

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great write up man ....and perfect timing for me =)
I'm just about ready to complement that cam
I knew Performer X was the right choice but now i'm positive it is..Thanks

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fiveover said:
Great info. does anyone have numbers or guesstimates on power gains with a Skunk2 or Edelbrock IM on a D16Y8?
it all depends on ur setup!
What bolt ons do u have?
Cam.. adjustable sprocket...headers ...ported head...good A/F tuning....the duration of ur cam
on a Y8 I would reccomend an Exospeed cam, AEM tru time cam gear , header, cold air and a nice tune
dunno numbers ..thats my setup ..I'll post some number when i get my performer X :lol:

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a question
Does the Performer X require piping adjustments for an AEM cold air on a d16y8?
Does it affect factory mesurements?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nightryder99 said:
it all depends on ur setup!
What bolt ons do u have?
Cam.. adjustable sprocket...headers ...ported head...good A/F tuning....the duration of ur cam
on a Y8 I would reccomend an Exospeed cam, AEM tru time cam gear , header, cold air and a nice tune
dunno numbers ..thats my setup ..I'll post some number when i get my performer X :lol:
Dude what are you talking about! Just a couple days ago you were talking about what cam to get... I know for sure that you didnt order an exospeed cam, recieve it, remove your head, take it to get ported, pick it up, put it on, install the cam, and have it tuned all within a week... How can you recomend something and say its "your setup" if yo havent even done it yet.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
Dude what are you talking about! Just a couple days ago you were talking about what cam to get... I know for sure that you didnt order an exospeed cam, recieve it, remove your head, take it to get ported, pick it up, put it on, install the cam, and have it tuned all within a week... How can you recomend something and say its "your setup" if yo havent even done it yet.
the cam is in my possesion...the edelbrock is going to be received on monday and no I haven't ported the head!
I reccomended because it's in my opinion a very good start...i've read up on what parts I buy and I'm aware what they offer
I didn't tell him to jump off a cliff..I told him what would be good for him
who are you anyways cc's old and wise Yoda or something??

He got same engine ..same intake mani soo i told him I'll get back at him
Is that ok for you or do i have to ask your permission???

yblegal

5+ Year Member
intake

I bought a skunk2 pro series for my 99 civie si. I hear missed comments? I'm wondering if I added flow or shot myself in the foot? Does anyone have the same intake an what did it do for you? hot65volks@verizon.net

yblegal

5+ Year Member
Wheels for sale

have some 17' for sale that i took off my 99 si. they look really nice would like to have them picked up locally, i live in the victorville california area. they have low profile faulken tires. 625 for everything. can send pictures.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a SOHC ZC, now what would be the biggest intake manfold that i can use on my car? (non aftermarket).