Remote Start-Immobilizer bypass (DEI555i) HELP!

MoMoney

5+ Year Member
Hi all,

I'm looking to see if anyone else out there has installed a DEI 555i immobilizer bypass into thier 7th gen civic? I have completed my install of the remote start/alarm (Omega Max-E) and the thing remote starts like a champ as long as.....drum roll... the chip key is near the ignition. (Not my idea of 'remote')
Point is, the 555i doesn't appear to want to learn my key nor will it defeat the immobilizer when activated. Anyone else have any experience with the 555i? Good or bad?

I only have the master Honda key and one generic duplicate chip key that was copied/programmed from that Honda master. If the system cannot learn my original key does that mean it won't learn the copy either?

Remote start sounds novel but I'm up against the ropes....the civic has dished me some blows. Any help or experience here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hope you get some help, my alarm gets installed on friday.

i like to leave the electronics to the professionals.

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, had bb install remote start on my first car. they took my valet key.

installed the alarm by myself on the civic. 5spd, no remote start... good luck. just tinker with it.

MoMoney

5+ Year Member
Problem Solved

Okay, So I'll close the loop on this one again in case someone else stumbles upon the same problem. Do not buy a 555i for a 2001 Honda Civic EX....it does not work. DEI claims "some Honda keys will not learn..." BS, what they mean is, this thing is sketchy.

To make matters worse, I tried calling their tech support and waited literally 45 minutes to an hour each time. (called 3 different times trying to get this going) Even when I did get ahold of them the guy(s) was just reading stuff from some sort of trouble shooting flow chart....I wonder if he has ever even seen the thing. Last to conclude my venting, there's really limited data on most of the immobilizer bypass products out there so I'd recommend you stick with an H34.

Since I fit this bypass to my Omega Max-E alarm, I went with the IB-H34 from Omega but it looks like the PKH34 is same from DEI. (wiring instructions are identical) Nice thing about the Omega part was it was pre-fitted with a plug for the Max-E and when I called Omega they were top notch on tech support. Leave a message with a REAL person and they call you back in about 10 minutes with someone that knows their stuff. I'd highly recommend Omega but I'd advise caution if you're working with DEI.

All said, the new module works great and it's relieved alot of frustration now that's it operational. Only wish I could get some of the hours back I wasted with the hopeless 555i and even more hopeless tech support.

Hope I save someone else the hassel!

Thanks everyone for your input!