Remote Start possible ?

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
I was going to install remote start on my civic 06 lx but then my fren that was going to do it too said it might not be possible because his 05 accord has the ignition disabler just like the civic 06 so his fren said it mite not be possible to do because u need the key to start the engine.

bloodstaindpyro

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
I was going to install remote start on my civic 06 lx but then my fren that was going to do it too said it might not be possible because his 05 accord has the ignition disabler just like the civic 06 so his fren said it mite not be possible to do because u need the key to start the engine.
what kind of remote start system? i know DEI makes a immobilizer bypass module that you basically leave a key inside a little box to fool the ignition into thinking you have a key... err at least that's how it is on my car.

Python 881xp w/remote start is what I've got.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
AHhh I see.. wait wat box? How much did that system cost u? Because the one my friend's friend was goin to install for me was goin to be like $50

bloodstaindpyro

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...about $500 with my circuit city discount :shock:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you just need a bypass module and an extra transponder key for the module.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yah, you'll need to sacrifice your valet key to make an auto start work. BTW, extra valet key ran me $100 at the stealership.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Oh really? I got 2 sets of keys and the valet key for free. Do they even have bypass modules for 06 civics?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
Oh really? I got 2 sets of keys and the valet key for free. Do they even have bypass modules for 06 civics?
I've heard that bypass modules weren't very reliable.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my friend has an 06 si with a remote start installed, so I know it's possible with the 8th generations. i'll ask him what he used and get back to you.

knowledge23

5+ Year Member
if you leave a bypass key anywhere in the car for the remote start to work...wouldnt it be possible for a theif to steal it with only the use of a screwdriver....i had a 00 si that was almost stolen from my own garage back in 02...i walked out to grab a pack of smokes and two kids were walkin up my driveway....when i turned the light on they jetted down the block....hopped in a car that was waiting for them and bounced....i had lowjack installed for 1100 dollars a week later....fockin aholes man....anyway i traded it in for a 04 s2k which i had to give up cuz i couldnt make the payments after i moved out on my own...now i have a 06 si......personally i wouldnt get a remote start even tho it is hella nice in the winters...and it does get quite frosty here....maybe theres something i dont know about the remote start that still prevents aholes from stealing SI's...anyone have any more knowledge about this matter?

bloodstaindpyro

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
knowledge23 said:
if you leave a bypass key anywhere in the car for the remote start to work...wouldnt it be possible for a theif to steal it with only the use of a screwdriver....i had a 00 si that was almost stolen from my own garage back in 02...i walked out to grab a pack of smokes and two kids were walkin up my driveway....when i turned the light on they jetted down the block....hopped in a car that was waiting for them and bounced....i had lowjack installed for 1100 dollars a week later....fockin aholes man....anyway i traded it in for a 04 s2k which i had to give up cuz i couldnt make the payments after i moved out on my own...now i have a 06 si......personally i wouldnt get a remote start even tho it is hella nice in the winters...and it does get quite frosty here....maybe theres something i dont know about the remote start that still prevents aholes from stealing SI's...anyone have any more knowledge about this matter?
In most cases that I know about, with the alarm armed, by the time they found/grabbed the key out of the module the valet switch wouldn't work, so the alarm would be blaring for x amount of time. But if they even got to the key, the alarm should have a starter kill so the car wouldn't start while armed. I'll ask my installer tomorrow when i go to work... and see what he says

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bloodstaindpyro said:
In most cases that I know about, with the alarm armed, by the time they found/grabbed the key out of the module the valet switch wouldn't work, so the alarm would be blaring for x amount of time. But if they even got to the key, the alarm should have a starter kill so the car wouldn't start while armed. I'll ask my installer tomorrow when i go to work... and see what he says
You can grind down the key so that it won't work in the ignition. And the key has to be right next to the ignition for the immobilizer thing to work. Plus, you try to make it as hard as possible to get to that box.

tim

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
I guess I love sitting in the car waitin for it to warm up. It sounds kinda bad rite now