Remote Start

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
I want to get remote start for my car but I was wondering if it is going to be a problem to have because of the chipped key? Will it even let the car start or is there a way to bypass the car needing the key in it to start?:(

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanted a remote starter myself but I ran out of funds. Fact: remote starters can bypass a clutch if set up correctly with the right parts. I'm sure that your chipped key can also be bypassed by a someone that knows what they're doing. Your chip is not going to stop someone from towing your car and stripping it clean, so who cares about that feature IMO. Call a bunch of car audio shops and I'm sure you will get some answers to your questions. GL

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
ill try calling a few but i was planning on buying an alarm and hooking it up myself so i can get a nicer alarm with the money id save from installing at a shop. the only reason i found out about the chipped key is because i went to home depot to get a copy made and it would not start the car just crank but not start it. so im thinking when i hooked up the remote start it would just do the same thing.

o yeah and GO BEARS:D

Roly3031

5+ Year Member
Make a copy of the key at the dealer with another chip in it because the alarm your gonna buy has an extra box that u have to put the extra key in so that when you use the automatic starter it senses the key

Brian13

5+ Year Member
Had it done on my '04 em2 5speed. The remote start should have to have an "immobilizor box" add-on. This is where you stick the Valet key or a spare key in, (looks like a little black box) and a wire get wrapped around the key, so that it can read the chipped key so it will start. If it's a 5 speed, don't leave it in gear. The car will jump forward. I've never expierenced, but I seen it happen. That's why they aren't recommended on stick shift.

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
yeah my civic is auto im debating weather or not it would be worth to swap it to stick but i do know about not leaving it in gear with the remote start. i have seen the way a car will drive with the clutch engaged and the starter cranking. my old cars fluid line for the clutch had a leak and i still had to get it home so i put in first and started the car. it takes off!!! so it could be very bad to leave it in gear you'd be lucky if it only jolted forward and stalled out.