remote str

jorge917

5+ Year Member
can you put a remote start on a stick??? ive ben wondering and trying to find out i you can and how would you do it

ryanM

yes you can

you just bypass the clutch switch

then you wont need to push the clutch in to start the car

then you just wire it in the same as you would with an auto.

just make sure you NEVER leave your car in gear and try to remote start it.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can also hook up the neutral safety switch to where you have to have your car out of gear and have the e-brake engaged.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can also hook up the neutral safety switch to where you have to have your car out of gear and have the e-brake engaged.
this is the correct way to do it. mine is currently wired up with a bypass which is all getting ripped out soon. i got it like this when i bought the car and after reading enough about the bypass setup i just dont think its safe at all. many people have complained that the car has started by itself. many times will in gear. and lest face it, that parking brake is not enough to stop the car if it wants to go. also another route would be to get it perfesionaly instaled. viper makes an alarm with remote start for sticks, its about $400 but well worth it. and if you buy it as best buy they will instal it for free.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is the correct way to do it. mine is currently wired up with a bypass which is all getting ripped out soon. i got it like this when i bought the car and after reading enough about the bypass setup i just dont think its safe at all. many people have complained that the car has started by itself. many times will in gear. and lest face it, that parking brake is not enough to stop the car if it wants to go. also another route would be to get it perfesionaly instaled. viper makes an alarm with remote start for sticks, its about $400 but well worth it. and if you buy it as best buy they will instal it for free.
If the parking brake doesn't stop the car then it should be adjusted. Unless it is parked on a decently steep hill. I have been thinking about getting the viper 5002 system for my car but have no intention on paying nearly half as much ;) basically 100% markup from dealers. That's where the free install comes from at Best Buy.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
please dont knock BB...
Oh I'm not it's not just BB. Its anywhere that sells and installs electronics. The viper 5002 is about $420. Dealer price is a little under 200 if I remember correct. I got to Best Buy for anything that I need except car electronics.(brother is a dealer/installer). I'm a big fan of Best buy.:thumbs up

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh I'm not it's not just BB. Its anywhere that sells and installs electronics. The viper 5002 is about $420. Dealer price is a little under 200 if I remember correct. I got to Best Buy for anything that I need except car electronics.(brother is a dealer/installer). I'm a big fan of Best buy.:thumbs up
Keep in mind, the work that is involved in installing the alarm is where that extra money comes from. It's a s**t load of work to install an alarm, and most people can't do it. If you're luck enough to be able to, then great, save the money, buy it discounted somewhere, and spend your off day doing it. Not knocking you because you clearly understand that almost any retailer must make profit, but I just hate when people start that "f**k best buy s**t", they're out to get me, they actually charge money for s**t, blah blah blah. Anyway, the new Viper alarms like the 5701 for example, are designed for use on manual vehicles and the safest bet.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
put your praking brake on and go for a drive.. i bet you can.
I'll let you know how this goes tomorrow. But since I have redone my cables and are correctly adjusted to 6-10 clicks like its recommended.. I doubt I'll go anywhere.

EDIT: oh s**t just realized I SOLD my daily driver!!! :rolf:

Keep in mind, the work that is involved in installing the alarm is where that extra money comes from. It's a s**t load of work to install an alarm, and most people can't do it. If you're luck enough to be able to, then great, save the money, buy it discounted somewhere, and spend your off day doing it. Not knocking you because you clearly understand that almost any retailer must make profit, but I just hate when people start that "f**k best buy s**t", they're out to get me, they actually charge money for s**t, blah blah blah. Anyway, the new Viper alarms like the 5701 for example, are designed for use on manual vehicles and the safest bet.
I'm not knocking anything. If it wasn't for the fact that I know people in the business and I know how to do it myself and have done it myself then I would most likely go to Best Buy or other place's that installs it. I know that companies only make profit from installs. But I also know that the Viper alarm system is marked up 100% even from Viper themselves as a consumer as compared to a dealer.

The only place I will b***h about is Hell-mart and their poisoned chinese crap

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats the one ive been eying lately. and i will have a pro install the new one for one reason. if it malfunctions or lights my car on fire or anything like that they fix it.

jorge917

5+ Year Member
put your praking brake on and go for a drive.. i bet you can.
well mines is adjusted to the point thtat i put the emergency brake all the way up and try to drive im either gona shut off or i will sit there spining rubber