remote wont turn on amp

BabyFresco

5+ Year Member
aight look i have wires already ran to run my subs but when i connected all the wires nottin! the amp wont even turned on. so asumming it was the amp i went to best buy got it checked out n dey said it was fine so i thought it was my wires so i ran new wires but still not amp turn on! wut could it be? i got the stero head checked out too dey said it is fine! help plz! :cry:

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blown fuse? Not grounded correctly? Or messed up amp. If it wont turn on, its prolly a power issue. I would check those first. Oh yea, your headunit doesnt have to do with amp power.

BabyFresco

5+ Year Member
X-aCuTiOnA said:
Blown fuse? Not grounded correctly? Or messed up amp. If it wont turn on, its prolly a power issue. I would check those first. Oh yea, your headunit doesnt have to do with amp power.
i checked all dat! ground is good power is good
just da remote is bad i guess but i change da wire! n still ! i am so lost i talked to the install ppl at best buy but still no help!

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, what remote are you talkin about?
Try installing it on some1's car that has there s**t workin. If it still doesnt work, then the prolly means your amp is blown! What kinda of amp is it? How much power? What are you tryin to push? Whats the gauge your using?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this has probably already been checked too, but you've got the right size fuse in your amp?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when you say remote you mean the blue remote wire right?
-check out the manual for your amp and your head unit. depending on your head unit there could be a button you have to press to turn on the subs. i know my head unit does.
-try the troubleshooting table in the manuals.
-try hooking the blue remote wire up to the positive terminal on your battery. a guy at an car electronics shop told me that if your head unit dosent have a blue remote wire to hook it up to your battery.
-check your ground.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
X-aCuTiOnA said:
actually it does...you have to wire the amp to a 12v source... a ground...and a remote wire to the headunit so it will turn on when the stereo is on...

you could always try running the remote wire to the acc (red) wire on the HU...thats what i did to my friends bros car...

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chadi said:
actually it does...you have to wire the amp to a 12v source... a ground...and a remote wire to the headunit so it will turn on when the stereo is on...

you could always try running the remote wire to the acc (red) wire on the HU...thats what i did to my friends bros car...
Well the ones I have had didnt have it or required it.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have an after market harness, if you do, grab the blue wire and use that as an remote, but if there's a blue wire with a white strip on it, that's your amp turn on wire, the blue is just a power antenna turn on, still works the same. So crip, buttconnect, or solder the wire to that and run it to the remote spot on the amp, should solve your problem, any other questions hit me up, I'm reppin the circuit city roadshop lol, I've already helped out a handfull of guys here lol

PiNoY Ep3 SI

Mouse Car Driver
5+ Year Member
Well here is what you can do to determin if it is the remote wire. Take a small piece of wire and connect the 12 volt from the amp and connect that directly to the remote terminal. If the amp turns on then it is the remote wire that is bad. If that doesn't work it may be an amp issue or the fuse on the amp may be blown. Well if you have any other question feel free to ask, i'm an mecp installer at Best Buy.