Removal Door Trim 5th gen ex

civic_dreamer

5+ Year Member
I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the door trim from the 5th gen?
Mine are broken, and I saw a car at the yard the other day with theirs undamaged but couldnt figure out how to get them off. I know you remove the interior door panels but the plastic clips are all the way at the top of the door and its not like you can just stick your hand up there. Unless you were a miget or something. Thats an idea!

Anyone done it before? I searched the forums for a while but only found info on 6th gens. I dont want to get ones from oem cos their like $350, what a rip! Anyone know any other sites for new ones apart form autowarehouse? absolute stuff around trying to get them sent internationally. I have to register a US postal address for international delivery. Seems dodgy.
If any one can help would be appreciated.
ill do a build thread one of these days!
Cheers.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the door trim from the 5th gen?
Mine are broken, and I saw a car at the yard the other day with theirs undamaged but couldnt figure out how to get them off. I know you remove the interior door panels but the plastic clips are all the way at the top of the door and its not like you can just stick your hand up there. Unless you were a miget or something. Thats an idea!

Anyone done it before? I searched the forums for a while but only found info on 6th gens. I dont want to get ones from oem cos their like $350, what a rip! Anyone know any other sites for new ones apart form autowarehouse? absolute stuff around trying to get them sent internationally. I have to register a US postal address for international delivery. Seems dodgy.
If any one can help would be appreciated.
ill do a build thread one of these days!
Cheers.
take the 2 screws out, then give it a decent tug, the plastic clips will pop outa the door:word:

civic_dreamer

5+ Year Member
take the 2 screws out, then give it a decent tug, the plastic clips will pop outa the door:word:
Are you talking about the vertical door sashes adjacent to the window? Im talking about the horizontal trim with the black coating that cracks off. Its the sill to the window outside the car. All I can see is little cream plastic clips sticking down inside the door once ive removed the interior door panel. However their way to far up to be able to get to easily. And where they clip in is adjactent to the bottom of the window and its very tight. I dont want to snap them cos new ones are ridiculously expensive. Do I need a special tool? Any ideas?

someonec

5+ Year Member
Anyone else have info on this... I'm getting paint this weenend and need to get them off.