Removing 2000 EK Midwing - possible?

carlonathan

Hi all! After lurking for a while (and then finally creating account), I figured I needed to post a thread. So let's get to it.

I recently purchased a 2000 DX hatch (the Special in Canada) and it came stock with the midwing. Thing is, I'm not a big fan of it - but I'm guessing if I remove it there'll be a couple of holes where it was mounted. My question is, what are my options when it comes to removing it? Or should I just learn to live with it?

Thanks.
:beer:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes there will be holes. But if you don't like it on your car just take it off. You can either find another trunk without it, or trade someone who does want the missing who doesn't have it.

carlonathan

Ah, okay. Thanks a lot! Is there any way I can just deal with the holes themselves?

PS. I love your car. It's a shame you had to sell it.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
you can always plug them. just head to your local hardware store and look for something that will fit into the hole, you might have to fabricate it, then just paint it to match your cars color. or you could paint it a highlighting color, but you have to be careful when doing that as it can look really dumb if you get the combo wrong. a pic of the holes that are left would help.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah, okay. Thanks a lot! Is there any way I can just deal with the holes themselves?

PS. I love your car. It's a shame you had to sell it.
Thank you very much. I miss it. But I cant wait to get my new car pic worthy