removing ac belt.

drekoe

5+ Year Member
whats up guys. well i have ac in my car but never use it. at times when the car is still, the ac compressor sometimes turns on and off repeatedly until you manually turn off the ac. like i said i never use it so i was thinking of removing the ac belt. to do that, do i just loosen the bolt on top of the tensioner?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could just cut it....thats what I did. Especially if you dont plan on reusing it.

drekoe

5+ Year Member
i was thinking of doing that, but then i dont know if i might want to put it back later on for any reason. so i just want to remove it and have it stored. plus its in good shape so i wouldnt want to spend extra money on buying another one later on.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think cutting it is the way to go. the belt shouldnt cost more than 15 bucks. it would save you time.

drekoe

5+ Year Member
yeah by the looks of it, i might just have to cut it. but im very surprised that nobody knows how to remove it properly. oh well.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To remove it probably you might have to remover the other belts as well to get to it. So to save you the trouble I think people are just saying cut it. LOL ! My AC doesn't work above 90 and that is when I need it so I am about to get rid of it myself.

Last edited:

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
remove 2 12mm for ps pump. remove ps belt. loosen 14mm ac tensior bolt. loosen 10mm socket. remove belt.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
remove 2 12mm for ps pump. remove ps belt. loosen 14mm ac tensior bolt. loosen 10mm socket. remove belt.
The belt goes around the a/c torque bracket, dosent it?

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea u gotta remove the other 2.
i swear honda is so gay when it comes to replacing belts.
i think its the ac belt, but on one of them you have to go around some mount. super pain in the ass for me.

drekoe

5+ Year Member
well yeah i was just planning on removing the belt and leaving the condenser there, but you have to remove everything to get it out. cutting it would be the best option.