Removing rear 'H' emblem

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats up guys, I own a 95 civic coupe, I want to remove the rear 'H' emblem but I want to know if it is just glue holding it on or will it leave two holes if I take it off? I also would like how to take the emblem off, thanks

My car when i got it had already had the emblem removed, by accident or vagrant, i never kno. but yes, there are two little holes underneath the emblem, the only way to remedy that is some bondo and sand paper and paint. As far as if there is glue, its probably just like rubber cement, get a credit card or something shaped like it, because that shouldnt be hard enought to scratch the paint, and just work all the way around it. if the card still wont do it, try heating up all around it with a hair dryer just to loosen things up. the emblem i stole off some other civics trunk was not even really secured in any way, it was easily removed with my credit card. So try whatever to get it off, but if you dont want to do any damage just work it off slowly and using heat may help.

Also from your other post, my headlights are 'denji magic ring' headlights with euro crystal corners and inside the corners are amber 12 led bulbs, so they are white when off and amber when lit. All of that can be picked up on ebay for less than 150

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know what the guy above me said (too lazy to read) butt hebest way to take it off is to heat it up for a min with a blow dryer (gets the glue sticky again) then take a string preferably small fishing line and run it under the bottom of the emblem. And yes it has 2 holes in the car because the emblems have things on the back holding it in.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys, does anyone want to go into a little more detail on how to fill in those two holes

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How come you're taking it off? It's not like you can't tell it's a Civic or anything?? Jus' wonderin'

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO it just looks cleaner, don't get me wrong Honda is the s**t and I would rep it in anyway but I just think it looks cleaner without the emblems in the back

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would take my emblems off too, but then id havta bondo the holes, and then have it painted... i dont wanna have to deal with paint. The front emblem was/is missing from the previous owner taking/breaking it off... So im still undecided if i should replace it or shave it... I wanna just shave it but then id havta deal with paint...

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fill the cars with that car putty, sand it down and paint the area, or fill the small holes, slightly sand the filled in hole and use touch up paint.. but i dont know how that would look. Definetly nto for a show car.

i just thought of this, if you could find some little plastic caps that fit in the holes, you could paint them your cars color and pop them in the holes, it wouldnt be the cleanest thing in the world but from a distance you wouldnt be able to tell.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My brother took his off his hood, the holes were just filled in with kinda like a putty and then sanded and painted. It looks alot better, alot cleaner. So im pretty sure its the same with the rear emblem

-=CopperTop=-

MazdaSpeed Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I removed my logo's as well as the little logos that say "Civic CX" and of course the dealer sticker when i first got mine. If it has been painted, you probably wont have those, but I found the sticker removal to be quick and easy with a heatgun. It makes it look alot cleaner. but thats just me.8)

Mxpx182lit

Yea, i know its slow D15
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will need to weld a piece behind the holes otherwise the bondo will just fall through into your trunk.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by dirtyd16
IMO it just looks cleaner, don't get me wrong Honda is the s**t and I would rep it in anyway but I just think it looks cleaner without the emblems in the back
it does

STD570

4DR FO SHO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just wait til u repaint ur car then remove it..that what i did with my car..jus bondo it and paint it simple as said!

MrNiceGuy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or the easiest temp sollution is to find electrical tape the same color as your car. cut two small little circles and patch the holes. i've done it to three diff cars and people don't notice until you tell them.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by MrNiceGuy
or the easiest temp sollution is to find electrical tape the same color as your car. cut two small little circles and patch the holes. i've done it to three diff cars and people don't notice until you tell them.

hahahahahah i dont think that will work bro

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by MrNiceGuy
Haha try to find my color in electrical tape...

Mxpx182lit

Yea, i know its slow D15
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just took off the rear honda emblem. I welded a piece behind it and then filled the holes with bondo. It looks so much cleaner and twice as good as before. I love it

MrNiceGuy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry, it only works if you dont have one of those nasty a$$ odd colors. Friends and I have found red, white, blue, black, and i even got a teal electrical tape that matches honda's perfect. try lookin at your local hardware store. or you could sit around posting s**t you know nothing about...... either way... you know... upto you:D