Removing spray paint from my car?

Little_E

I was just curious if anybody knows a good way to get spray paint off my ej. I bought it a couple days ago and the guy who had it before me had it covered in graffiti (you can see it on my avatar) and it needs to go. I have no idea what the paint underneath looks like so im not to worried about ruining it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would try and sand down to the primer or just before the metal surface then bondo if needed followed by some primer. I would not leave any exposed metal unpainted

sarenjames1994

"The finished product will show how much work you put in to it" ;)

Little_E

I didn't put a whole lot into it lol. Its just temporary until I can afford to get it painted professionally

Little_E

It was cool but I just got tired of looking at it. But people recognize me as the girl with the graffiti car. Id rather be the girl who made her car look bad ass from nothing

EM1owner

uuhh theres a lot of spray paint/ or overall paint removers at your local home depot or hardware stores, no kidding but when i went to go buy 2 cans of "stripper"(paint remover that strips to bare metal) there were these cans/spray bottles specifically remove graffiti on walls and metal. i believe it was another of goof off or made them. i suggest going to the paint department and grabbing a can/bottle or look around, your bound to find the one you want. But if you want to strip it down to bare metal, "stripper" works best for smaller areas, and "aircraft remover" for much larger like your whole car.

Little_E

I spray painted it black for now. Ill sand the whole car when im ready to paint it