removing tree sap off car!!!

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so we have this stupid, big ass pine trees in our front yard and around this time it can get ugly..ive seen bug and tar remover and tree sap remover stuff at the store, but i was just seeing what you guys recommend and if anyone have been through this..its on my window and body of the car. and dont worry, im going to start parking in the street i think

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i hate that s**t, i always hate parking lots that have lots of trees around them. i Just wash the car and it comes off, but it's f**king annoying.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BURN THE TREE! lol na i have that problem too, but i cant avoid it cause i cant park in the street and my drive way is sorta in a hill and i wont park it on the hill so that its a display for thieves. so i have to deal with it. just wash it. not daily, but let it build and maybe u can pull off that your car is lime green lmao.

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha it def doesnt wash off for me...you guys are lucky i guess. i must have some crazy Pine Trees...these are like huge!!

but anyways..i can scrub with like car washing soap and stuff but i would honestly have to scrub each sap drop for prolly 10 minutes straight. im just lookin for something that will help take it right off

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Try one of the bug and tar removers. I think the stuff I use is Turtle Wax.. it's in a black bottle. The thicker kinds are better since they stay in place.

Spray the remover on when the car is DRY. The wash it after it sits for a minute or so.

A razor can work on the glass, but is risky on paint.

If you have any of the stuff that just will not come off (dry, nearly petrified), try brake cleaner.

If it's tough enough for bug and tar remover to not work, a clay bar usually will not work. I would avoid it with the clay bar, for fear that it will ruin the clay bar.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when it comes to tree sap, you have to get rid of it right away. if it doesnt. then it eats right thru the paint. they sticky stuff never comes off if i leave it on my paint. i have spots where its cracked thru and left ugoly marks. i use the but and tar remover. leave it on for about five mins and scrub it away. then i wash my car afterwards. but it sucks. get it when you first notice it.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try Simple Green or slightly diluted lemon juice for the painted parts. For the window, try white vinegar.

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wash your car with dish soap. Easy. Strips everything including wax.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wash your car with dish soap. Easy. Strips everything including wax.
Dish soap also removes the oils from your paint (that make it look wet) and help to dry out all the seals on the exterior of the car. I wouldn't recommend doing it on a regular basis.