Repining connectors

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys I've been searching and searching but no luck..i've been looking up how to repin the fuel injector end of a 91 d15b2 to a 89 d16a6 i know the connectors are different, if anyone knows how to do this or has a wiring diagram of both cars that'd be great

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have to cut the old plugs off and solder the new ones on. Search dpfi to mpfi its been covered a million times.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i know whats being covered in them but im trying to make it faster lol i just want to know if its possible to remove the injector connector from the dx wiring harness and put it on the si wiring harness just repining the location of the wires?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't really understand what you are doing, are you converting to mpfi?

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had a b15b2 engine in my civic...i found a cheap b16a6 engine...i have both wiring harnesses but as you know the a6 harness has 6 pin end at the fuel injecction side and the b2 has 8.. i need to know what i need to do in order to finish my swap? like can i just use my old dizzy and wiring harness and at 2 wires for injectors and repin the ecu?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just convert your d15 harness to MPFI and wire for vtec, MUCH simpler that way.

you should do more research, its been covered, either convert to MPFI then OBD1 or stay OBD0 and chip a ecu for vtec or get a jdm b16 obd0 ecu.

i tried to use my GSR harness to wire my C1, way to much work, i just used a DPFI harness i converted to MPFI (from my 91 STD hatch, with a DOHC ZC)

converted to OBD1, wired up the other sensors, using a OBD1 P72 chipped
runs good.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey man thanks a lot but i did some research and found the answers pretty much what you said just more drawn out..i just wanted to change one connector but you HAVE to change the whole harness of the dx to run with 4 injectors and then add wires to the resistor box

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man thanks a lot but i did some research and found the answers pretty much what you said just more drawn out..i just wanted to change one connector but you HAVE to change the whole harness of the dx to run with 4 injectors and then add wires to the resistor box
Yeah u don't actually change the harness, u modify the engine harness and switch pins at the ecu.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it really dose not take long, 2hrs tops. where in PA are you?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah rain and snow been messing my schedule to work on my crx.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont need anything from the D16 harness except the injector clips, and the resistor box.

remove the D16 harness and put it aside. take your original harness and swap wires at the ECU... then run 2 wires into the engine bay.. swap some TPs wires and make them longer, and cut 3 plugs off and solder on the injector clips... pretty easy.. it did take me like 2 hours... but that was without soldering. green did the soldering and it took another like 2 hours.. lol

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont need anything from the D16 harness except the injector clips, and the resistor box.

remove the D16 harness and put it aside. take your original harness and swap wires at the ECU... then run 2 wires into the engine bay.. swap some TPs wires and make them longer, and cut 3 plugs off and solder on the injector clips... pretty easy.. it did take me like 2 hours... but that was without soldering. green did the soldering and it took another like 2 hours.. lol

lol so you did it without sodering and it looked good?

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also im trying to figure out if the ends of a d16a6 axles are the same as the d15b2 ends

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks chris and green both helped out big time i got done the harness a few minutes ago im gonna put it in tommrw

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also im trying to figure out if the ends of a d16a6 axles are the same as the d15b2 ends
inners r outters?

inners should be, outters will be smaller, so if you want to run a SI trans (or anything other then 4speed)
you need to change the knuckles.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
inners r outters?

inners should be, outters will be smaller, so if you want to run a SI trans (or anything other then 4speed)
you need to change the knuckles.
see this is the first straight answer i get after 105443543 million hours of looking everywhere, i found that this engine goes right in minus a few electrical changes.. so knuckles and anything else?