Replace 2007 bumper with 2009

Smedley

5+ Year Member
Hi

New to the forum.

We bought a 2007 Civic EX with Nav a couple days ago. Lucky us, last night I hit a small bear with it and busted up the front bumper cover. I'm wondering if I can replace the 2007 bumper with a 2009 (I like how those look better).

Also wondering what I can expect to pay to get the bumper painted. Looks like I can get genuine online but they don't come with painting options like many of the other parts. Or if someone has a recommendation of some place that offers selling the bumper covers already painted, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the bumper covers dont come painted so you will have to get it painted separately prob around 300 unless you know someone. but it hasnt been confirmed that they are interchangable but i see no reason they wouldnt be, everything is the same except the headlights being cleared, and the grille. which you will need the 09 also with the bumper.

Smedley

5+ Year Member
oh gosh you hit a bear ?????

where do youu live.
North of Tampa near the gulf. There are bear (and panther) here but they aren't that big. We lived in Wisconsin prior. The bear and deer are bigger there and I would venture a guess likewise as you head northwest.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would bet it would fit, go to a dealership on a Sunday and park next to one and compare the two.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get it on the honda sites like collegehills.com for cheap but you would have to change the hood,bumper,fender,lights. just like a conversion. that what i heard from 8thcivic.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only 1 person has said you need to change the hood and he heard that from his cousin or something. you will need to call a honda parts department to get the part numbers of the hood to match it up but they should be the same, i dont see honda spending all that extra money on the hood like that.