Replace front speakers

Jeff1119

I Am Jacks Slow DX
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was wondering if its worth replacing my stock front speakers in my civic DX HB... they sound pretty good.. but I'm just wondering if new speakers will make a difference... Also my deck is a JVC KD-S890

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YES! OH GOD YES!

You won't realize just how bad your stock stuff is until you try something better.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
replace all 4 speakers it might seem like a lot of work to take the back deck apart but it will be worth it in the end

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you looked at the stockies? i bet once you take them out and look at them, you will toss them right in the garbage. i dont know how you say yours still sound good. our cars are the same year, and when i changed mine last year, there was no more foam stuff around the edge of the cone and the speaker would rattle all the time.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the stock ones are s**t they r worth nothin get all new speakers

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine were the same as bangin's.

The speakers were completly wrecked. The surround was almost completly ripped apart, and the cone was starting to rip. How they were working at all is still a mystery to me.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i bet mine look like that i havent replaced mine but im goin to soon

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had Pioneers when I bought mine ... they're not stock, are they?

Jeff1119

I Am Jacks Slow DX
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i took a look at them before i posted.. and yes they look like old green dirty paper speakers.. but they still carry the beats well.. i dunno maybe i'll check out a friends speakers first...

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got Alpine components. Sound 100 times better than stock

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All my audio is pioneer... I had a sony deck but then replaced it with a pioneer with the oel display. its just nice when ur cd deck has dolphins on it

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definately get yourself a new set of speakers!!!

I recently replaced mines with a pair of kickers and also applied dynamat around and behind the speaker openings.

Now it is about a MILLION times better!!!

And it only costed me a mere $150.00

Jeff1119

I Am Jacks Slow DX
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i think i'm gonna keep my stock speakers but install some rear 4" speakers

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
YES! OH GOD YES!

You won't realize just how bad your stock stuff is until you try something better.
^^^^:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
There is no better way to put that. My EX had these speakers that had Pioneer stamped on them, I think Pioneer would have given me money to not tell people that if they heard my factory speakers.

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well pioneer makes makes some pretty low quality s**t too. If you by a set of their 20 doller 6 and 1/2s, they are no better than stock honda speakers.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
your stockies might sound good to you now. . . . but once you experience some REAL speakers... u'll never go back

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im goin with pioneers all the way around when i get mine im spendin like 200 for all 4 cuz i spend a ton of time in my car. i have a pioneer headunit too. keepin all the components the same.

aznlax4life

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahha pretty much anything is better than stock...and has anyone had problems replacing the back speakers? if not, which ones fit well?

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ImportFan1
im goin with pioneers all the way around when i get mine im spendin like 200 for all 4 cuz i spend a ton of time in my car. i have a pioneer headunit too. keepin all the components the same.
:werd:

Jeff1119

I Am Jacks Slow DX
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yaa the up side of having only two speakers in my car... half the cost.. lol or i can just put the rest of the money to even better speakers!