Replaceing y Shift Boot

gatlax83

TEAM FUSION
5+ Year Member
so i finally received my JDM shift boot and new shift knob and was wondering hot to i replace them. i have a 1999 Civic Si. please help and dont be a douche and post s**t like take off old one put on new one. im just asking for help. thanks you can also pm me.

Black!e

5+ Year Member
take your old shift knob off,then first u unscrew the screws for the arm rest and the center console, then take it out and take your old shift boot off, and then put ur new 1 on and make sure its on right, then just put it back together, there is prolly a diy somewhere but i donno, but its pretty simple.

ps. what kind of shift knob did u get, and get some pics when your done =)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
there are 3 screws on each side of the center console. the rear screws will alllow you to remove the armrest portion. then unscrew the shift knob and you can lift the front portion of the center console that the boot is attached to. there are 2 screws on the underside of that which holds the boot on. then you should know how to put everything back together...

gatlax83

TEAM FUSION
5+ Year Member
im getting a black JDM boot with red stitching and also getting a black mugen shift knob

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I truly don't mean to be a d**k but it really is as simple as what you said in the first post. If you go out and look at your car you will see what needs to come off. Its just a few screws, if you make an effort it is very self explanatory. I'm sure you won't have any problems with it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
  • if you have an Si the first step is to unclip the boot from the knob. just pull down on the boot and it should pop off the knob. then unscrew the knob to take it off the shifter
  • then 4 screws on the side of the center console hold it in place, two towards the front and two on the back near the base; take them out
  • pull up the e-brake handle and slide the center console over it. on the underside of the console are 2 screws that hold the shift-boot bracket on. the new type-r shift boot should also have this bracket. just swap it out
  • reinstall in reverse order
  • the new knob should come with a lock-washer which threads onto the shifter before the knob. using a wrench, tighten the lock washer against the knob as you hold the knob straight/aligned
  • sell me your stock Si shift knob at a discount rate cuz im a nice guy
seriously though, message me if i can have ur stock Si knob :lol:

Last edited:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I also want the stock Si knob if Mugenkid doesnt take it.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i still have my stock boot and shift nob lol :D