Replacing Interior Speakers on my 6th Gen

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
Ok im about to replace the speakers in my car (front door and rears) and i wasn't really trying to spend alot of money as i'm in school right now, and i came across these

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-KICKER-DS650-DS6930-Car-Speakers-6-1-2-6x9-6-5_W0QQitemZ350122606420QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item350122606420&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:16|39:1|240:1318

now i know kicker is a pretty good brand but thats about as far as my knowledge goes any help on if these are good speakers to go with would be greatly appreciated

id also like to get your thoughts on brands like pioneer and jvc

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seems to be good deal. Kicker makes good products ask for pics of the speakers

xxphenom87xx

5+ Year Member
I believe those speakers are kickers lowest end speakers. If your really looking to save money then they are fine. My gf has their KS series speakers and they are pretty good. Kicker always gives you pretty good bang for your buck. i see the same speakers at onlinecarstereo.com for $100....thats with the free shipping. You can save a little money there.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
thx i'll look into that...any suggestions on other good inexpensive speakers...some ppl are telling me to just pick up some pioneers

xxphenom87xx

5+ Year Member
pioneers are fine speakers. i would go with kicker over them though.

If you are set on the Brand Kicker I would go with their KS series...Im pleased with my gf's system with their sound quality (they are amped with the kicker 350.4). It may be a little more expensive but in my opinion it will be worth it.

Also are you still running the stock head unit? Or you have somthing aftermarket?

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
i have an after market head unit (jensen flip out monitor, not sure the exact model) and i'm not running my speakers directly to my amp just wiring them to the stock places (the amp doesn't affect them unless actually wired to them right?)

ketadotdot

aka babymilo36
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you get what you pay for.. i got memphis speakers for $200 front and rear with installation

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
really i'm not looking to spend more than 150 shipped...i'm in school and tight on cash...plus i'm not big car audio freak that needs the best speakers on the market lol

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude why not just get infinity reference speakers? I don't know what size you need by new 6022i can be had for about $60 a pair on ebay. They are extremely sensitive speakers making them ideal for running off headunit power. Guaranteed to be better than some kicker speakers....you would not be disappointed.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
**UPDATE** just ordered the infinitys, read several online reviews on them and all where good so i picked up a set for the front and rear on ebay, both NIB... came out to about $125 total (only 15 bucks more than the kickers)

mateusz.rycewic

5+ Year Member
infinitys are ok... did you consider kenwood? had i seen this earlier i had two kenwood speakers almost brand new that i could have shipped to you for 40..... damm lol

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
i thought of kenwood but im not very knowledgable when it comes to audio so i wasn't sure what their speakers where like...but for 40 bucks i might have taken my chances lol...oh well

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how hard is it to replace rear speakers in a 6th gen? I have Alpine Type-S's in front and should replace the rears as well...

xxphenom87xx

5+ Year Member
which model of infinitys did you buy? for sure it will be better than the Kicker DS series but i doubt better than their KS series. Good purchase none the less.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
just the reference models, and yes they had more wattage than the ds (guess makin them better) and if i recall they where pretty close to the KS series

Clutch5060

5+ Year Member
In general Alpine will give you a better performance, and it will also last longer. But instead of putting the speakers in the front and rear doors. Put the speakers in the front door and then under the rear glass behind the rear seats. This will make the sound project into the car better. In the 6th gen, it is 6x9s under the rear glass, and 6.5 in the front doors.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
In general Alpine will give you a better performance, and it will also last longer. But instead of putting the speakers in the front and rear doors. Put the speakers in the front door and then under the rear glass behind the rear seats. This will make the sound project into the car better. In the 6th gen, it is 6x9s under the rear glass, and 6.5 in the front doors.
for the 6.5"s in the front you will have to cut plastic out bc the magnets don't fit...easy enough though, how du replace rear 6X9s...snap off those plastic covers? Tried and I broke two of the little tabs so i stopped