Replacing VTEC Solenoid Gasket

tama05

5+ Year Member
I have an oil leak coming from right underneath the VTEC solenoid and I am wondering if I can just disconnect it from the motor as is, or do I need to get into the heads to get that off. Also where can I find a replacement gasket for this. It is a D16Y8 engine and any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can get the gasket from any part store. they may not have it in stock so you may have to wait a couple days for it. yes you can take off the solenoid with taking off the head its easy.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
. yes you can take off the solenoid with taking off the head its easy.
without taking off the head? i hope is what you meant...;) like he said it is easy....disconnect the 1 and 2 pin connector from both the solenoid and pressure switch...remove assembly via 3 10mm bolts...replace with oil slighty around the new gasket...and dont get too much torque on those bolts...i've seen them break as well as had a few break on me...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
without taking off the head? i hope is what you meant...;) like he said it is easy....disconnect the 1 and 2 pin connector from both the solenoid and pressure switch...remove assembly via 3 10mm bolts...replace with oil slighty around the new gasket...and dont get too much torque on those bolts...i've seen them break as well as had a few break on me...
:word:

I believe its $12 at honda.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So for a JDM D15B is there anyway I can get a new gasket in America? It's the dual solenoid VTEC. Or do I have to make one out of gasket maker stuff

tama05

5+ Year Member
Appreciate the help on this matter, hopefully i can get this oil leak stopped. Thanks again guys