Reputable Engine Swap Companies

Sanchaaz

5+ Year Member
Hi All,

Can anyone refer me to any reputable companies that do Civic engine swaps in & around the Toronto area?

Please and thank you.

barrett

Registered VIP
Save the money and do it yourself. It's a lot more rewarding when it fires up, and "building" a honda is like building with lego, engines and parts can swap from car to car really easily.

Sanchaaz

5+ Year Member
I agree with you, it would be fun / rewarding. Plus I'd save madd dough.

The only thing that strays me away from doing DIY's are the tools.

I mean for a job like this...how would I get the engine/tranny to my house. I don't have a hoist & engine jack. I'd have to buy a good torque wrench, etc...

barrett

Registered VIP
I've seen guys do engine swaps with 4 wheels and two scissor jacks. lol. Although I wouldn't recommend it. All you really need is a basic socket set, torque wrench (like $30 at princess auto) and a jack or two. For the most part with Honda's you use 8,10,12,14,17 for sizes.

getting the engine to your place, maybe borrow a buddies truck, or rent a uhaul or trailer or something?

All I know is it saves cash, and it's fun and you can say you did it yourself.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol while mine wasn't a full swap, mine was a rebuild and just having the time to do it has been my issue....2 years and counting lol although I recruited a buncha ppl and we got it in and about ready now....I can say we I did a lot of it but jesus christ, 2 YEARS?! (and I have every tool available one would need and then some!) Just make sure you got the time for it!

barrett

Registered VIP
Ya time is a big thing to make sure you have for the swap. Cuz no matter if it the engine runs when u pull it out or how easy it should be, problems always pop up.

Trekk

Registered VIP
The first motor I ever pulled when I was young was from a 5.0 mustang. I parked it near a tree, used a few pulleys, and a rope, pulled that baby right out lol.

Sanchaaz

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the advice everyone!!

@ Trekk - Damn dude that's balls & madd jokes too

@ DMaldonado93 - Hey I don't think that sit works.