Reputable Timing Belt Kit?

Strange World

B18C1 EG
I did find one other thread that discussed this, but I'm really trying to find a complete kit rather than piecing everything together one at a time.

So far, these are the two websites I'm considering:

http://www.timingbeltkit.com/servlet/the-511/timing-belt-kit,-/Detail

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/fjj-0013-hnd.asp

I know that ProStreet is a reliable source and distributes OEM parts, however timingbeltkit offers a valve cover gasket as well as some other seals for just $20 more, which is nice.

Does anyone have any input? Timingbeltkit claims that they use OEM parts, but on the product page for the kit they have a slew of "featured brands" (which I suppose could be where Honda gets their parts from...)

Anyway, if someone could give me some pointers I'd appreciate it. My car is undriveable until I get the tensioner and pump replaced.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If you want OEM, why not go to Honda? :what: .. I've always just bought my belts, gaskets, and random stuff from Oreilly. Never had a failure yet.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I always use dayco from atuozone. just did the timing belt and water pump on my brothers camry and I ordered the kit (belt, water pump, pulley, and tensioner) all for less than a hundred bucks. all Dayco. Same kit is on my car (except its for honda of course) and I havent had any problems. Dayco is a very good company and you cant go wrong with their parts

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why are people so afraid to just go with OEM. Honda is known for reliability, these belts and things being changed are usually being changed for the first time in a retarded amount of YEARS...so why not just get one from the dealership and never worry about it again? :what:

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why are people so afraid to just go with OEM. Honda is known for reliability, these belts and things being changed are usually being changed for the first time in a retarded amount of YEARS...so why not just get one from the dealership and never worry about it again? :what:

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would never buy anything other than OEM for a part so important as a timing belt. I've never heard of an OEM timing belt severly crack or break under normal conditions and under proper maintenance. I replaced my timing belt, water pump, and all the little gaskets before I put my "new" motor in my '95 with OEM parts. I just ordered them online which is a good bit cheaper than from a dealership and not that significantly more than some parts store stuff. But the peace of mind is well worth the difference.

Last edited: