***REQUEST YOUR SIG AND AVY HERE*** and here ONLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzake

Photoshop Rookie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
The thing with avys is that because the res is small you need to do what you can to bring out the clarity of the picture.... Usually that means bumping contrast up and cropping artistically to get the most out of it.... ;)

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/539/nycfox718avy9ub.jpg (linkage)

Alright so sometimes you just have to cut your loses and take what you can from the pic bump up the contrast and go with what you get. Am I understanding you correctly. When you say crop you mean crop or using the lasso?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just use the rectangular marquee and pick what you think is the most important part of the picture, then crop to cut out the unneccasary (sp?) parts....

fuzake

Photoshop Rookie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Hmmmm... Its not terrible, but it needs some work...

First off, I don't know how you did it, but you made everything look very flat..... Also, I believe you used too many pictures for one sig.... I like to confine myself to one or two.... If need be I can add more for effect or if that is what I have planned.... Try to just use one pic this time, crop it nicely, add a clean border, and a very minimalistic name if you want to.... Do a little designage to it for practice... But the biggest thing right now is to keep it simple.... Often times if a sig doesn't look good there is just too much going on.... ;)
I flatten the image because I thought that i what you do to make it all one photo. I take it I should of merged them to keep it from going flat? Also with the pics he gave us its left a gap in between the two so I didn't know what to do. I haven't figured out how to add a border yet. What do you mean by designage. I figured it had to much going on.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Designage is my way of saying put something in there that you make yourself... Whether it be a quote, a gradient line (which I like)... Basically something to set it apart from the others....

NEVER flatten an image, just looks like crap if you do.... Just go to File -> Save for Web and save it as a JPEG.... IT will make the image like it should look, so you dont have to flatten anything....

If there is a gap in between images, select that gap using the polygonal lasso tool and then fill it in with something.... If you dont know what to fill it in with, Black is usually a good choice....

I may be throwing a little too much at you for beginner, so just do what you want and practice and eventually you will understand everything I mean.... :P

fuzake

Photoshop Rookie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Designage is my way of saying put something in there that you make yourself... Whether it be a quote, a gradient line (which I like)... Basically something to set it apart from the others....

NEVER flatten an image, just looks like crap if you do.... Just go to File -> Save for Web and save it as a JPEG.... IT will make the image like it should look, so you dont have to flatten anything....

If there is a gap in between images, select that gap using the polygonal lasso tool and then fill it in with something.... If you dont know what to fill it in with, Black is usually a good choice....

I may be throwing a little too much at you for beginner, so just do what you want and practice and eventually you will understand everything I mean.... :P
I am understanding everything you are saying. I appreciate all the advice and help and like you said practice will make me better so I guess we will see what is to come. One more thing. What is gradient line?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A Line made using the gradient tool.... Basically make a line selection using either the single row, single column, rectangular marquee, or polygonal lasso tool and then fill it in with a gradient... ;)

If look at a lot of my sigs, like my current one, they have it....

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fuzake said:
Once again this is my first one so work with me here. Please give me pointers or any critism that you see nessasary. If you don't like trust me you won't hurt my feelings.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1329/neweraimorts092vg.jpg

Not too bad but here a suggestion.... take out the pic of me and put the headlight pic on the left and the engine pic on the right, and remember just neweraimports

fuzake

Photoshop Rookie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NewEraImports09 said:
Not too bad but here a suggestion.... take out the pic of me and put the headlight pic on the left and the engine pic on the right, and remember just neweraimports
Alright I will see what I can come up with. I am new at this so you will have to forgive me.
:oops:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its better, but you are still dimensioning the pictures oddly.... You skewed the picture on the right very oddly somehow... It looks like you squished it vertically, but not horizontally....

fuzake

Photoshop Rookie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Its better, but you are still dimensioning the pictures oddly.... You skewed the picture on the right very oddly somehow... It looks like you squished it vertically, but not horizontally....

I am using free transform. I have a funny feeling you are going to tell me that is a bad thing. Hey at least the contrast is better and its not flat. lol

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Free transform is a great thing, as long as you keep the proportions right.... If you make the vertical 75%, always make the horizontal 75%.... NEVER make it different....

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MUCH better... Works well... Although the quote is kinda iffy.... :lol:

That just goes to show that the simplest sigs can look the best... :P

fuzake

Photoshop Rookie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its from the new disney golf movie. That little fat kid that plays the caddy is funny. sorry. :smackself :retard:

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last one looks really good. When you are free transforming hold the the shift key, it keeps the dimensions. And also I just figured out don't size it down, change your mind and size it back up, it kills the pic. And by crop, I just select the whole pic with the rectangle selector. Paste it and just mess with the size in the sig box instead of cropping it while its still the original pic. I didn't read all of the posts so I hope I didn't double post anything.

sandiliciouz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can someone make me a sig please.. thank you ;]
- something simple like the sig i have now

thanks!

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And one for NycFox

Link: h**p://img449.imageshack.us/img449/9953/nycfox7189ry.jpg
I'll get to the TC someother time, sleep right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.