Reset ecu?

serversurfer

The fuse box in the engine compartment. It's labeled BACK UP. Some people say it needs to be disconnected for about 30 seconds, but others say it takes about three minutes for a "full reset." :lol:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe it's in the fuse box in the engine compartment. In my car it's the first fuse in the top row on the left. I've always heard to simply disconnect your negative battery cable, leave it unhooked for 30 minutes, hook it back up, crank the car and let it idle for 3 minutes.

imcmantis

Thank you guys very much =) im just doing this because i got a new clutch, radiator and brakes dont know if it would help hahah

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am just curious on what you think you will achieve by resetting the ECU after replacing the clutch, radiator, and a brake job?

imcmantis

The right side of my engine bay was making a weird noise kinda like a vibration or a vaccum i was thinking it was ethier the radiator or the air intake which is stock.

And I just reset the ECU and it actaully dramatically reduced the sound, i have a feeling it had something to do with the radiator.

I wasnt expecting any horsepower increases or anything hahahha BTW just got this car 2 days ago. Soon im going to tune it up.

jordan101

how does the ecu have somthing to do with the radiator? can you describe the noise? i dont think the radiator would be making a noise.