resonator doesnt bolt on right to catback

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
this past june i bought a caback exhaust and headers from ebay for my 99 civic si, when i went to ebay i just typed in 99 civic si headers and catback and just got the ones with minimum price. but i have this problem maybe u guys can relate. the resonater that came with the headers has to be turned sideways in order to bolt on correctly to the catback know what i mean? my cuz was sayin the flanges to from the catback doent match the resonater or the the other way around resonater dont match the catback. and if i plug the o2 sensor it would be hitting the ground cus the resonater is flipped , and i need it plugged so the engine light can come off , is there and easy way to fix this? i was thinking maybe just gettin new headers and catback or can i put the stock catalic converter back were the resonater is or is there another way?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there is a very easy fix for that. take it to a muffler shop and have them cut the flanges off, rotate them, and reweld them. i bet they do it for less than $30

Last edited:

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
thanks billy let me try then ill let u know sumtime next month. any more suggestions?

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats why you stay away from ebay parts. shitty fitment. and id be willing to bet that your exhaust gets some cracks in the piping. my bro bought an ebay exhuast and its cracking all over the place

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
thats why you stay away from ebay parts. shitty fitment. and id be willing to bet that your exhaust gets some cracks in the piping. my bro bought an ebay exhuast and its cracking all over the place
naw my exhuast is just fine , but once again thanks for the help

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
yo thanks a lot billy i took it a local shop and did what u said the problem is a fixed thanks now i can live the rest of my life lol, but yeah thanks for the help i they chraged me 30$

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you sure you're bolting it to the appropriate header? after all, you said you bought two? How is the second one mounted?

:lol:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they charged to you to fix their own mistake? foul on their part. but if your happy with the results and its worth $30 then i'm glad you can rest easy now :thumbs up

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
yeah i it was the resonater that came wit the headers that was wrong but the problem is fixed,and yes its bolted on right ,once again thanks billy for the advise

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
i was just told by my mechanic that since i took of the catatlic converter and have the resonater even tho it has the o2 sensor plugged in with the bung u buy so the check engine light will turn off, but every once in a while it will come on cuz the computer scanner reads that there is no catalic convter , was wondering if that is normal or any suggetions? i was thinkin of buying a magnaflow catalic converter and have it weld to cat and headers, so i can have a cc or will stock one work too? . need some advise please

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
cut and turn it and reweld it. i got a testpipe/resonator to and my cheak engine light never came on.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if there is enough clearance, you can try putting a spark plug fouler in the O2 sensor bung and then screw in the o2 sensor into the fouler. It basically extends the sensor away from the pipe. Sometimes you have to use 2 foulers, but then you have may have clearance issues. I did the one fouler and wrapped the sensor in tin foil before screwing it back in, ghetto I know but I've not had an engine light come on for that for 3 years now.

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
ok thanks guys also was told by my cuz if it really bugs me just to have the stock cc custom weld to the headers and catback , and stoli i think my cuz was sayin sumting simalir to what u said ill keep u guys posted on how its goin thanks

GoGetEm

5+ Year Member
just to let u guys know i put the stock cc back on to the headers and catback it has a deeper tone now i like it , thanks for the help