restarted my project with a new ek

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
workin on finihing up, hopefuly the last problem i will run into. tthe crank sensor plug on the 97 vtec harness originally out of my car is a 3 wire plug and the crank sensor plug is 2 wire, so i need to figure out what wires are what so that i can get this thing goin. ill update pics later. i been takin pics and cleanin up the bay more and more and takin worthless stuff out that is just lookin bad. if anyone can help it would be highly appreciated

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
so i pulled out the swap again and got everything all together n stuff and picked up the other mount i need, my buddys supposed to bring me a obd2a to obd1 jumper harness today so it should fire up, i connected all of the wiring n stuff last night so it should be asap i cant wait for it lmk what you guys think

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
so we worked more tonight n got it started. sounds rediculous. so much compression, even for just being stock it sounds amazing. im hoping to be driving it real soon. FINALLY

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
it still needs some adjustments. runnin pretty diffucult till its at like 2k rmps then runs fine. just needs a little but mroe time n hopefully itll be running good. but i also think its because i dont have cranksensor and because its lookin for another o2 sensor. so im waitin to get ahold of an obd2a to obd1 jumper harness because i have both computers and want to se what itll do once it deletes those two things

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
here are a couple current pics. its running, but not the greatest, i picked up the obd2a to obd1 jumper harness so i got it running alot better, just need to get some better gas and i think thatlll do it from what ive read. lmk any opinions or suggestions where to go next with it

pic of the shiny new exhaust installed

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
well im still workin on all the little things that are stopping the car from running right, i think im going to pick up hondata s300 and get it put in my obd1 p72 ecu, then have slowmotion motorsports dyno tune the car so everything is running as good and as strong as it can. but that will take a week or two to gather up the money to drop it off for the tune and s300 unit. but o well,

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
well. i ended up not gettin the money i planned on getting to get the s300 n the tune. so im still going to try to make it work, its bogging down untill 2k rpm then clears up but vtec isnt kicking in either so im not sure what the problem is? help please!!!!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey bro it looks sick! I can't wait to get my B18 in, they are soo much fun.... So first of all I know this isn't the cause, but you really should go with NGK Plugs. Autolite works but not the greatest plugs..... NGK is by far MUCH better than what you bought....

As far as Vtec not kicking in, did you get all your wires hooked up right? No fuses blown? Are you getting a CEL?

93gsrteg

Thurman
5+ Year Member
as far as i know the wiring is all hooked up right. i am getting cel light but with it having an obd1 computer it wont let me check codes, so any idea how to get codes?