Restarting a long-idle Civic

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Howdy all,

I'm in the process of getting a 92 civic hatch back on the road. It sat in my front yard unstarted and unmoved for a good 14 months. It leaked oil like crazy, the exhaust was shot and other things that just prevented me from driving it and I won't bore you with the details.

I replaced the oil pan. I installed a completely new exhaust system (header through to muffler), new spark plugs, o-rings and valve cover gasket, (timing belt and head gasket are circ. 2008), new fuel filter and tires. I put the key in and tried to crank the engine but it was a no-go. I hooked up a jump box and tried again. Still nothing. I turn the key and there's a clicking sound from around the area of the interior fuse box and all the interior lights flash in tandem with the clicking when I turn the key. I depressed the brake as well as the clutch and when I touch the brake everything electric just shuts off.

I'm rather baffled right now... any ideas? I'm gonna hook the battery up to the charger overnight but it seems like it might be something more than that?

Eric

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sure you've added new fuel. You can start by scanning the ecu and see if it's got any malfunctioning codes. overview the fuses to make sure non of them a blown, also overview the grounds. confirm battery is not defective