resurrecting a civic

Satara

So I traded a 68 impala for a 91 5 speed civic dx hatchback. From the original inspection all seemed well. Now that ive had the car for a couple of months ive noticed many flaws. The gears have a hard time shifting, the body has dings, the engine cant decide if it wants to have a hunting idle or not, and the interior all needs to be replaced since the previos owner decided to redo all the wiring and drill speakers into the ceiling. So my plan is to completely gut her and make her like brand new. New everything pretty much. Only problem is, ik jack squat about hondas or where to find the proper parts for them. Also, I want to increase the hp of the engine but have no clue where to start. Ive searched the web for days and still have come up empty handed. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
So I traded a 68 impala for a 91 5 speed civic dx hatchback. From the original inspection all seemed well. Now that ive had the car for a couple of months ive noticed many flaws. The gears have a hard time shifting, the body has dings, the engine cant decide if it wants to have a hunting idle or not, and the interior all needs to be replaced since the previos owner decided to redo all the wiring and drill speakers into the ceiling. So my plan is to completely gut her and make her like brand new. New everything pretty much. Only problem is, ik jack squat about hondas or where to find the proper parts for them. Also, I want to increase the hp of the engine but have no clue where to start. Ive searched the web for days and still have come up empty handed. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
What did you search for that you came up emtpy handed?

This seems to be the best site for OEM Honda junk

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm

Satara

I searched for bare blocks, d15b7 block, aftermsrket performance parts, and pretty , uch any other way icould thinl to say new block for 91 civic dx engine and upgrafes.

92lseg

B series swap is probably a better bet for power

Satara

Whats the difference from the b16, b18, and b20 blocks. And if u use a b18 block, I keep reading its better to use a b16 head. Im confused on why that is.

Satara

Google is the one that confused me. I thought I could look and fingure it out, I failed. I simply confused , myself more.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Correct me if im wrong xxBlood88shotxx or Mymmeryloss but I remember reading that the reason for doing the B18 with the B16 head is because of a better compression ratio which means that the redline is better (increases I think) thus better for hp and produces a bit more hp :drive:

Last edited:

Satara

So got the engine figured out, anyone have any idea where to get the nice looking aftet market body parts for quality pricing?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So got the engine figured out, anyone have any idea where to get the nice looking aftet market body parts for quality pricing?
Icbmotorsports.com

Hmotorsonline.com

I'm gonna sunscribe to this I wanna see where it is goes, I love ef hatch backs.

Satara

so after being robbed and doing some research, i manage to locate a really cheao z6 head from a junk yard. i said to gell with it, illl do a mini me build. illl post pics soon of the head before and after i dismantle and clean it. finally, my car shall live.

ecabada2012

Look on facebook for honda groups. buy/sell/trade groups. even if it doesn't have honda on the name there will always be honda parts... i live in las vegas and there's like 3 that are awesome with OEM legit parts. Someones trash is another mans treasure. I resently put a CRX dash in my 91 hatch. it looks awesome