Retarted question of the day...

cpain

5+ Year Member
So I bought my civic with a momo shift knob on it. i want to replace it with a new one... only problem is I can't get the damn thing off... since I started trying to get it off something happened and it has around 80 degrees of wiggle room from left to right but when I twist it to the left all the way it feels like its tightening it and same deal when I twist it to the right... how the hell does it come off? I don't want to hurt the threads on my shift arm.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im assuming its 5spd? If so, they just screw off. Make sure your going counter clockwise when taking it off. Also check for a lock nut underneith it. That might be causing it to turn hard.

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look for hidden allen head screws on the bottom part of the knob. unscrew the bottom part to get to the screws.

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
sounds maybe cross threaded.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it is moving back and forth, my guess would be that there is an allen set screw in the bottom portion of it. Take the screw out and the knob should just lift right off.

cpain

5+ Year Member
roll one of the windows down then secure a chain to the stuborn shift knob and attach the other end of said chain to a big truck and then put the hammer down in the truck...if that doesnt do it the use penatrating oil to lossen her up
you fail to realize it's a Honda you're dealing with... I'd hate to see what happened to the truck that attempted to yank it out... I'm seeing a broke truck but thats just me...

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you fail to realize it's a Honda you're dealing with... I'd hate to see what happened to the truck that attempted to yank it out... I'm seeing a broke truck but thats just me...
or some one stepped in the near the wire you used and it snapped And the wire cuts the person in half.. then you have alot of entrails and blood to clean up.... Id check for an allen key.

stage3gts

Banned
i belive i said a chain....not wire...andi also said a big truck like oh idk u superduty not a mazda B200 and i think your little honda will break long before the truck does.

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cut it off. thann you got it off and have a short throw shifter at the same time.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i belive i said a chain....not wire...andi also said a big truck like oh idk u superduty not a mazda B200 and i think your little honda will break long before the truck does.
haha and i thought i was the only guy around here that likes trucks. but that probably wouldnt be the best way to get a shift knob off.

cpain

5+ Year Member
cut it off. thann you got it off and have a short throw shifter at the same time.
haha no joke I have a friend that did that to his zx2, he cut 2" off in shop class and welded it back together.... I love Idaho.....