reverse lights?

93civic4door

Hit That s**t!
5+ Year Member
Ok I have wondered this ever since I got my car!

Why dont my reverse lights work?

I have all the fuses and lights replaced.

I have a manual swap and someone told me its a green and a black wire on the bottom of the tranny.

He said it would also make my cruise work so i was wonder if anyone knows what I should do about it...........

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump i'd like to know also my reverse lights never worked either

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yep, mine didn't work until I wired them up to the wires that I had cut from the auto plug. Look into my how to link and it will tell you everything you need to know.

93civic4door

Hit That s**t!
5+ Year Member
that didnt really help me its confusing and im not really all that interested in the cruise all i want is the reverse lights

HybridKyle

5+ Year Member
*Run the green wire at #4 and the yellow at #5 to the reverse plug b/c the reverse lights won't work unless you run the wires though the firewall to the plug.

In this link, 4th picture down it shows you the wiring harness under the center consol that went to the auto shifter...those two wires(mentioned above colors and position) need to go to the reverse switch on the tranny....heres the link...4th pic!!!

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_295187/tm.htm

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The plug that would have plugged into the shifter assembly, Should be somewhere close to the shifter under the carpet underneath the console if they didn't cut them, but even if they did, then just solder directly to the wire without the plug.

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The plug that would have plugged into the shifter assembly, Should be somewhere close to the shifter under the carpet underneath the console if they didn't cut them, but even if they did, then just solder directly to the wire without the plug.
i had the same problem had the engine and tranni swap that i didnt do but i just found the wires hooked them up to a toggle next to the shifter and ran the wires straight back to the reverse lights and bow problem solved

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Can someone just post a pic that clearly shows where the backup light switch is located, so we can get to it and replace it???
I dont know what is a tranny, have to be more spesific and im bad i mean horible in speaking english.
Please help.
I have a EG6 manual transmishon with a b16a motor. My backup lights stop working and I did check bulbs and fuses, all are ok. i think the swith has to be replaced.
Thanks for any help.