Rim Size On EM2's?

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For the most part, 5th and 6th Civics don't look good with big rims (16"+), at least if you are going for the JDM look and not rice. I know the 8th gens are an exception. But I'm wondering what size rims look best on a 7th generation Honda Civic Coupe.

Should they follow in the footsteps of the 6th and 5th gens and only get 16" and below?
Will 17" and 18" rims on a 7th Gen look good rather than bad (or vice versa)??
Or are these Civics a special case and would go best with rims between 16" - 18"?

Feel free to post pics of 7th Gen Civics that you think look good on a particular type of rim and if you can, indicate the size of the rims it is on.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Most people will tell you to go with 16 or 17s for performance purpose. Here's mine with 18s.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We have a large wheel well and can fit very large rims. The largest rim size I've seen look good on a 7th gen is 19". I know.. sounds absolutely huge, but we can fit it and make it look good (with a full body kit of course.... it would look like s**t without some sort of kit to extend the lower boundaries of the car.)

I'm personally riding on 16"s though... and love the way it looks. I wouldnt go any smaller than that with aftermarket rims.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
18s look tight.. i need to find a lip kit for my car and drop it, but heres what i got

btw, if any of you know of any lipkits for a es1, let me kno; pm them to me =)

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so im assuming you read my mind and know exactly what car im talking about ???

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm assuming you are talking about 20s on a 7th gen civic? Yes, I have seen it. It does not look good. It makes the civic look like a monster truck wannabe. 19s will fit well but the car sit a bit high, 20s are just too big. If you got some pictures of 20s on EM2, you are more than welcome to share with us. If they look good, I will retract my statement.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
exactly my point this car had inside fender work and was dumped. the pic is old and will take awhile to track down.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally 18+ is too big on civic's
Occasionally 18's look nice, but usually it looks terrible.

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Surprisingly, I'm lovin the 18's. It seems like anything bigger would not look good, but I could be wrong.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16's looks good on a good drop, 17's if you have a mild drop.

18-20 if you're gay.

Last edited:

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got 18s, don't really feel gay. hmmm

ps - "your" isn't the same as "you're." Try learn some English before talking trash.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^Agreed not a usual mistake for me, I can go through your posts and find some of yours, k?

And you're right I guess. 18's can be pulled off, although i'm not a big fan of yours..

19's+ though... :pimp:

edit::::::::::::::::::::: HEYYYYYYYY I remember lowlif9, LMAO wth!

Last edited: