rims installed car shaking!

JugaJatt

5+ Year Member
Hey guys,
i got 17's installed on car and 2" drop which i like very much, the only problem is that wheni go 115KMPH i can feel my steering shaking a bit. Is that normal?? wht can i do in this situation.

After rims put i got alignment done but still same problem.

thx for your opinions.

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
few things it could be. rims may not be ballanced correctly. rim may not be on car perfectly straight. you may need the ring inserts ( forget what they are called) but theymake the rim fit snug.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1) Don't go 115 mph.
2) make sure the wheel is balanced correctly.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alignment again, balance as well, and get a camber kit. the 17s and 2''drop might be affecting the driving performance. have fun driving ;P

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New rims?
New tires?
Balanced?
Hubcentric rings?

Does the vibration go away at higher speeds or get worse?

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there u go the hubcentric rings...everyone i know that had that problem and got them was fine afterwards. they cheap too

TypeSwede

Swedish Pancakes!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also, make sure you have tightened the lugs in the proper X pattern. sounds stupid, but i've done it more than once. makes you feel like a tool at the track when you have to fix your lug nuts after your first run lol

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure the rims are on right....

When i put myine on, a screw had came a little loose and if I hadnt stopped, turn around, and gone back ot look at it... well it wouldnt have been good.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a hop in the tire could also cause this. didnt see anyone mention that. to find out just jack your car up in the front and, assuming your are manual trans, spin the wheel as fast as you can with your hand and look at the part of the tre that will touch the road if it is moving up and down you have a hop. which means you need a new tire.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a hop in the tire could also cause this. didnt see anyone mention that. to find out just jack your car up in the front and, assuming your are manual trans, spin the wheel as fast as you can with your hand and look at the part of the tre that will touch the road if it is moving up and down you have a hop. which means you need a new tire.
????
Do you mean a bump thats caused by tread seperation?

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
????
Do you mean a bump thats caused by tread seperation?
nope basically what it is is the tire out of round or egg shaped. i know sounds kinda werid cause it is rubber and flexible right. but it is very possible i have seen it and taken care of it many times at the honda i work at. you cant see it just by looking at it you have to spin it to notice only way to solve it is by getting a new tire.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think your talking about a air bubble in the tire?? if so, thats the only thing you can do, get a new tire. otherwise itll become bigger and cause a tear in the tire and get flat and wont be able to get fixed because its bad and getting worser and worser and worserrr!@!!!! @_@

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think your talking about a air bubble in the tire?? if so, thats the only thing you can do, get a new tire. otherwise itll become bigger and cause a tear in the tire and get flat and wont be able to get fixed because its bad and getting worser and worser and worserrr!@!!!! @_@
no sir. an air bubble is in the side wall of the tire which yes you still have to replace to tire to fix but a hop you will see in the tread section. like i said you can only notice it if you spin the tire and watch the tread looking from the front.

here i drew something up real quick explaining it.

right picture: spin the wheel forward(direction of arrow) with your hand while the car is in the air as fast as you can

left picture: look at the front of the tire to where you are lookin more to the bottom and can see under. the red line represents the amount of movement in the tire and the arrows represent the motion of travel.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
okay that makes no sense what so ever.. nice rims on the drawin though =D

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay that makes no sense what so ever.. nice rims on the drawin though =D
He's saying that tires can deform due to a number of different reasons. When it deforms, there is nothing you can do to resolve it except to replace the tire. Take an egg, spin it on a table top next to a glass of water. Since the egg is not exactly round, parts of the egg come closer to the glass than others... it's egg-shaped! It's possible that this guys tires are out-of-round or egg-shaped. That will cause tires to explode and wheel bearings to wear out faster. Fix it before more problems arise.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ohhhhhhhhhhh okayyy see that makes alot more sense ;P