Rip Off

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have full coverage on my car and pay about 95 bucks a month. i am 24 and been driving for 6 years with a flawless record. itll go up in august though cause i crashed in the snow into a sign but no biggie cause then in decemeber itll go back down since i turn 25.

edit: this is also in a little college town in indiana. in chicago i was paying 156/month for full coverage. i paid 142/month for min insurance before though. check with state farm...theyre quality and good prices. what i have now.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have my car under my parents name as well, $60/mo full cov

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My lady pays the insurance bill :cool:

so I don't even know how much I'm charged but it must not be much :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love when people deend insurance like its some saving grace. If I where to not have to pay insurance this year alone I would have an extra 780 dollars in the bank. Now I have driven and paid insurance on my car since I was 18. I would estimate that I have pumped about ten thousand dollars into insurance and never taken from them one time. I think insurance is a horrible thing that is forced upon people when it shouldn't be. If I have my ten grand in the bank from not having to have insurance I could handle most wrecks.

GooseS2000

SourPatchKid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on my parents. 17yrs old with a red coupe. $300 a month for full.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
On my mothers insurance with an '03 Ex. I pay $200 a month for full coverage with a $250 deductable. Never had an accident.

:werd: on isurance being gay, but it sorta saved me since I had to send my car to the body shop 2 times already this year for s**t that wasnt my fault, total of like $1900 in damages.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I have my ten grand in the bank from not having to have insurance I could handle most wrecks.

On the same token, let's say you didn't have that 10k in the bank and you rear end me. Where am I going to get money to fix my car in that case?

Insurance prices might suck, but laws requiring insurance certainly don't.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
On the same token, let's say you didn't have that 10k in the bank and you rear end me. Where am I going to get money to fix my car in that case?

Insurance prices might suck, but laws requiring insurance certainly don't.
I would set you up with my body shop guy and get a new bumper put on your car for under 400 bucks. I would be able to get the 400 if I didn't have the money right away. It's as simple as that. People just have to be responsible and not having insurance would be fine.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would set you up with my body shop guy and get a new bumper put on your car for under 400 bucks. I would be able to get the 400 if I didn't have the money right away. It's as simple as that. People just have to be responsible and not having insurance would be fine.
That's cool and all, and I wasn't trying to imply that you personally would be a b***h about it, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who will only help others if they are afraid of legal consequences.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's cool and all, and I wasn't trying to imply that you personally would be a b***h about it, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who will only help others if they are afraid of legal consequences.
Yeah, I hear you bro. I think the reason why people duck responsibility in America is because we have stuff like this behind us where we don't really have to be responsible about things. Why save up money in case something bad happens cause we have insurance to cover it or why feel bad about wrecking into someones car, It will just get fixed. I think people can cover there own accidents but people are so used to the system that they don't wan to abandon it. Kind of like socialized medicine. I completely believe in socialized medicine. Unfortunatly some people are too selfish to see that it would help millions of people and only slightly change they pay of professionals like doctors and would ruin big insurance companies. No of this is directed at you or your point of view. It is just my opinion on the subject. =)